• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Yamaha NS-2000 - Anyone have a spare $4500 lying around??!!

Register to hide this ad
i think he is mad :) even if they were better than the NS-1000M i think id prefer 2 pair off NS-1000M for that price :yes:

PS. thanks for that tip Kenwood lover about loudness buttons on amps, im now converted lol, no loudness button on, no extra bass or treble, you was right it took me some time to get used to but i have to say now i am i think music sounds much better. when i turn the treble and bass up now it just sounds to much.
 
kenwood lover just buy em for me and ill send you the money on a usps money order routed thru nigeria so my brother the king can sell you his underground oil rights to botswana land then we will fly in his jet tio pick them up (so what you changing your name too )my 500 's prolly sound better than them
 
MaDHaTteR said:
PS. thanks for that tip Kenwood lover about loudness buttons on amps, im now converted lol, no loudness button on, no extra bass or treble, you was right it took me some time to get used to but i have to say now i am i think music sounds much better. when i turn the treble and bass up now it just sounds to much.

I'm glad to be of help :). transmission line speakers are one of the few speakers out there which have such good natural sounding extended bass, so even by running them straight with no enhancement, you're still ahead of most of us here on AK in terms of getting kick-ass bass :D, so keep enjoying those tunes man :music: .
 
yamahammer said:
kenwood lover just buy em for me and ill send you the money on a usps money order routed thru nigeria so my brother the king can sell you his underground oil rights to botswana land then we will fly in his jet tio pick them up
:lmao:

dunno what i'll change the name too yet :scratch2:. will need to think hard and pick one that i won't regret in the future :D
 
IIRC, the NS-2000 is supposed to stomp the NS-1000's, and the NS-10000 is supposed to be even better. Cheesy? I disagree.
 
As the NS-1000/2000/1000X all use the same mid-range and tweeter, I find it difficult to believe that any one of them could 'stomp' any one of the others. Perhaps a bit more bass from the more modern woofers in the later units, but other than that they should be very similar in sound.
 
Last edited:
Cheesy was only to describe how they look, not the performance. It's a good thing they come with grilles to cover up those speaker frames.
 
Different strokes for different folks. I listen with the grills on because it sounds better to me that way. But, if it sounded the same I would listen without them as I think the drivers are visually stunning.

Using the info from this website, here is a comparison of the 3-way Be domed Yamaha speakers. http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...//www11.plala.or.jp/se_ke5583/YAMAHA/speaker/

Numbers are: width mm/in, height mm/in, depth mm/in, weight in kg/lbs

NS-1000M 375 14.8 675 26.6 326 12.8 31 68.2
NS-1000 395 15.6 710 28.0 349 13.7 39 85.8
NS-1000X 427 16.8 695 27.4 335 13.2 42 92.4
NS-2000 440 17.3 752 29.6 404 15.9 47 103.4
NS-10000 450 17.7 752 29.6 410 16.1 54 118.8
 
Last edited:
I don't believe those are the original cones. They look like polished infinity IMG. All the 2000 sets I have seen have a hexagonal pattern.
 
I find it difficult to believe that any one of them could 'stomp' any one of the others.

Yeah, my statement was a bit off. I think the NS-2000 will just be more of an already great thing. I'd be happy with any of them, and am quite content with my NS-500's.
 
Damage said:
I don't believe those are the original cones. They look like polished infinity IMG. All the 2000 sets I have seen have a hexagonal pattern.
Think it is just a reflection thing. On the marketing photos it is easy to see the seams. But these are not professional photos for these auction listings.
 
Damage said:
I don't believe those are the original cones. They look like polished infinity IMG. All the 2000 sets I have seen have a hexagonal pattern.
They look like the real thing to me. My 1000's sound so absolutely fantastic, I can't imagine those beauties sounding better enough to justify that high a price but who knows.
 
YamahaFreak said:
:jawdrop:I...WANT...THOSE!! :ntwrthy: I've wanted a pair of these for so long, it's not funny!
All it takes is $$$ and they're yours YF. :D

As for me, I'd just love a chance to audition a pair sitting beside my 1000's since they already sound so good to see how much of a difference there is between them. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom