• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

£23,000 worth of speaker cable on Amazon...read my review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever wonder why AK doesn't have factory input on this site, doesn't have very many members that have high end systems, doesn't have members that design and build high end?
Whatever reasons there might be, it has nothing to do with the ad mentioned in this thread. It's not a high-end cable. Read the description -- it's nonsense technobabble, meant to fool the unwary. It's a scam.
 
Last edited:
By the way, see what an Audioquest "type 4" cable normally goes for: http://www.futureshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5774#.V6H85ZMrLdQ

The description is still nonsense.
By the way, see what an Audioquest "type 4" cable normally goes for: http://www.futureshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5774#.V6H85ZMrLdQ

The description is still nonsense.
And again your wrong...
AudioQuest KE-4
http://www.needledoctor.com/Audioquest-KE-4-Speaker-Cable-with-72V-DBS

But you wouldn't know anything past lamp cords....
 
Somehow, just guessing here, I suspect Subedei doesn't actually own these cables. Either to use as speaker hookups or wife tie-ups. So, we've got a review written by someone who has never even touched or used the components they are reviewing. He claims to own them, which in my book makes him out to be a liar. I shall hold little value in anything written by him in the future.

Most likely he's wishing his witty remarks will catch the eye of a TV sitcom producer in hopes of landing a job as a comedic writer. I suggest Subedei doesn't quit his day job - nor his night job, for that matter.
 
What makes you think this isn't another scam, or all part of the same scam?

And the description is still nonsense.
But you wouldn't know anything past lamp cords....
Apparently not, but I do know something about electronics. I collect vintage electronic test equipment, some of which cost more new in the 1970s than those cables do now, though obviously much, much cheaper now, as it's vintage and no longer cutting edge. What's notable about the technical manuals and documents for said equipment is that they describe everything about how the equipment is constructed, how it works, how it's calibrated and how it's to be maintained, all in straightforward, scientifically justifiable, clear-as-a-bell terms that make sense.

Which is entirely unlike those Audioquest cables, which are described in terms that have nothing to do with electronic or scientific reality.

Test equipment relies on high quality, noise-free, distortion-free interconnects and cables that are used with signals from DC to hundreds and even thousands of megahertz. Good quality leads and interconnects for that purpose aren't cheap -- they aren't lamp cords -- but they don't cost as much as a car, either. The most expensive passive test probes cost hundreds of pounds -- and, again, the technical documents explain why in straightforward, meaningful, scientific terms -- they're not many thousands of pounds with a description that is utter and complete fictional construction.

Professional-grade scientific and performance equipment is not cheap, and with good reason. These wires are neither, and they're expensive with no reason other than the sellers can get away with it -- or think they can get away with it -- because there are consumers who are gullible enough to be taken in by it, or at least gullible enough to defend it.

Crap needs to be taken down a notch or two for being crap, otherwise we wind up wallowing in a sea of nonsense, lies and scams.
 
Last edited:
What makes you think this isn't another scam, or all part of the same scam?

And the description is still nonsense.

Apparently not, but I do know something about electronics. I collect vintage electronic test equipment, some of which cost more new in the 1970s than those cables do now, though obviously much, much cheaper now, as it's vintage and no longer cutting edge. What's notable about the technical manuals and documents for said equipment is that they describe everything about how the equipment is constructed, how it works, how it's calibrated and how it's to be maintained, all in straightforward, scientifically justifiable, clear-as-a-bell terms that make sense.

Which is entirely unlike those Audioquest cables, which are described in terms that have nothing to do with electronic or scientific reality.

Test equipment relies on high quality, noise-free, distortion-free interconnects and cables that are used with signals from DC to hundreds and even thousands of megahertz. Good quality leads and interconnects for that purpose aren't cheap -- they aren't lamp cords -- but they don't cost as much as a car, either. The most expensive passive test probes cost hundreds of pounds -- and, again, the technical documents explain why in straightforward, meaningful, scientific terms -- they're not many thousands of pounds with a description that is utter and complete fictional construction.

Professional-grade scientific and performance equipment is not cheap, and with good reason. These wires are neither, and they're expensive with no reason other than the sellers can get away with it -- or think they can get away with it -- because there are consumers who are gullible enough to be taken in by it, or at least gullible enough to defend it.

Crap needs to be taken down a notch or two for being crap, otherwise we wind up wallowing in a sea of nonsense, lies and scams.

Maybe I misread your post but you seem to be laboring under the misconception that those who may take a 'live and let live' view of audio escoterica know nothing of electronics. You are mistaken.

In any case, we've been over this many times on this forum.

On one side is the group that is convinced that people who buy the stuff in the link need to be saved from themselves (or at least mocked)
On the other side is a group that figures: hey it's your money; buy what you want.
And there is a MUCH larger group that really don't care either way, and have gone off to make a sandwich.
 
Last edited:
On one side is the group that is convinced that people who buy the stuff in the link need to be saved from themselves (or at least mocked)
On the other side is a group that figures: hey it's your money; buy what you want.
And there is a MUCH larger group that really don't care either way, and have gone off to make a sandwich.
Does that mean there's a fourth group -- size unknown -- who have gone off to make a sandwich but feel compelled to announce it? :D
 
People who start threads like this will never spend big bucks on anything. The review is a joke.

I'm kind of surprised that you can write a review without having purchased the item. I know when I purchase something on Amazon I get a link to provide a review, but I seem to remember not being able to write a review for something I purchased elsewhere. Of course I could be thinking of some other site.

If they restricted reviews to people who'd actually purchased something, it would cut down on the level of noise.

And even if they don't, I'm surprised they accepted this review, which clearly has nothing to do with the product. Some Amazon employee actually read this, and thought it was ok to post to the site? Strange..

bs
 
And even if they don't, I'm surprised they accepted this review, which clearly has nothing to do with the product. Some Amazon employee actually read this, and thought it was ok to post to the site? Strange..
The review approver probably read the product advertisement and thought it was nonsensical babble -- which it is. A silly review of a nonsense ad seems like a fair exchange.
 
I sometimes look at Amazon for reviews of products I am considering buying.
Was looking at reviews on there about an equalizer over the weekend, and I may end up there tonight since I may be needing a new cordless phone.

The OP's (and the other persons) reviews are WORTHLESS to someone who might actually be researching that item.
They think they are funny I guess.
If enough idiots keep writing bullshit reviews then online reviews by "normal users" could become meaningless (or at least suspect) instead of a useful tool while researching a product.
 
I sometimes look at Amazon for reviews of products I am considering buying.
Was looking at reviews on there about an equalizer over the weekend, and I may end up there tonight since I may be needing a new cordless phone.

The OP's (and the other persons) reviews are WORTHLESS to someone who might actually be researching that item.
They think they are funny I guess.
If enough idiots keep writing bullshit reviews then online reviews by "normal users" could become meaningless (or at least suspect) instead of a useful tool while researching a product.
+1
 
I own some much lower cost Audioquest cables,and I think they are damn good.Why are we still fighting over this?No one is forcing anyone to buy anything they dont want.If I had the resources,and the system to hear the difference,I might give them a try.Im surprised to see this thread is still up.
Jimmy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom