• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

£23,000 worth of speaker cable on Amazon...read my review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late..

I've been using the pebble/rock theory many years now.

I rest my records on them, ....... it makes the record sound better:

IMG_3000_zpsotipfroc.jpg


;)
Ah but those are not Brilliant Pebbles perhaps you would achieve sonic Nirvana if you used the real deal.
 
Maybe I misread your post but you seem to be laboring under the misconception that those who may take a 'live and let live' view of audio escoterica know nothing of electronics. You are mistaken.

In any case, we've been over this many times on this forum.

On one side is the group that is convinced that people who buy the stuff in the link need to be saved from themselves (or at least mocked)
On the other side is a group that figures: hey it's your money; buy what you want.
And there is a MUCH larger group that really don't care either way, and have gone off to make a sandwich.

You were channeling Douglas Adams there with the sandwich crack and you almost made my gin and tonic come out of my nose! That was funny.

I don't understand why anyone gets so bent out of shape when someone makes a light-hearted comment about a cable that is priced in a manner that would make the "Heart of Gold" go halfway across the galaxy faster than any calculation on an Italian Bistro waiter's pad could.

I can only imagine that along with feminists, vegetarians and totalitarian dictators, you are too busy telling kids to get off your lawn to have a laugh. In protest, I think I will also post my own review of the cables. You sourpusses can keep my frisbee, which through no fauly of my own got blown on your roof while my friends and I were having fun. I know how much it annoys you when someone enjoys something you don't. So keep the frisbee. KEEP THE FRISBEEEEEEEEEE (sorry...childhood memory...he's dead now.)
 
I'm getting the feeling that those getting angry with the poster have been scammed into buying them and or similar and the criticism or exposure is hurting their sensitive soles which is probably as sensitive as their hearing.
 
With the replies to the OP's Amazon review and taking personal offense to those busting on high-end cables; all we need to do is merge this thread with a Technics 1200 thread and I guarantee this site will implode into a black hole! Some are taking this thread way too seriously.
 
With the replies to the OP's Amazon review and taking personal offense to those busting on high-end cables; all we need to do is merge this thread with a Technics 1200 thread and I guarantee this site will implode into a black hole! Some are taking this thread way too seriously.
Humor is @ times a scarce commodity on audio forums.
 
Nope.
I stand by what I said.

OP does not own nor has he ever listened to the cables in the ad.
Therefore HIS "REVIEW" IS WORTHLESS.

Absolutely. There is NO way that these cables can be better than radio shack cables at tying up a wife. I have actually tried these, Cardas and Transparent to tie my wife up and Radio Shack cable was just as good. He obviously hasn't used them to tie up his wife and the whole review is disingenuous.
 
Humor is @ times a scarce commodity on audio forums.
In stead of all you snarky comments in this thread and staying anonymous. Why don't you say what your reference system is and we'll all deliberate it's worth.

This is what members don't understand looking at the world with a very very narrow view. They feel it's ok to cap on a Crosley, well guess what, people are on this site who own a Crosley. why do you think it's cool to alienate them, and they feel they can't say what they own?

This happens here the other direction as well here, member own high dollar gear, and we have members here that think it's cool to cap on that gear. Why are those member not welcome?

I know for a fact, two sites have started from member that are so sick of this envious behavior. That's what it really is, oh since I can only afford this, I'll make myself feel better picking on something that cost less or more than what I have. **** threads like this only shows the OPs and the ones that feel it's cool to pile on, owns insecurity.
 
I don't think the the revues are anything more than people having fun. I do think people taking it seriously are just grumpy, unhappy, kill joys that can't stand to see anyone else happy because they are not. If you take these reviews seriously and it has an affect on your ability to make a decision you do not belong in this hobby as it is MUCH to complicated for your WAY under average I.Q.
 
Last edited:
4-2-7, I'm on your side. There are a large number of posters on AK that think spending more than they think appropriate for any audio device is, stupid, wasteful, ludicrous or any number of other derogatory adjectives. I suspect many of them have never heard a truly high end system.

The responses are not reviews nor are they IMO funny.

As for Crosleys being crap, they are. However, those who post about some vintage console with a TT even worse than a Crosley are greeted with all sorts of praise and help. Go figure.
 
As for Crosleys being crap, they are.

And everyone has their point as to what they think is crap, and what is acceptable to own for themselves, this is all well and good.
Now if I go and express that online, I know personally I can offend 50% of the members on this site alone, so how the hell is that ok?
 
I have a very high end system and I do not care at all what anyone pays for their gear. If you want it and can afford it more power to you. But if you cannot tell the difference between fun and fact to the point that it gets you upset there is an underlying problem that has nothing to do with audio.
 
My real point was, that console with the crappy TT is most likely worse than a new Crosley. On this site because it's "vintage" it gets a good response.

I stay away from threads that involve Crosley gear because I have nothing good to say about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom