• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

10 Loudspeakers Trends That Should End

Tight bass is when the fundamental wave form and the accurate harmonics arrive at the listener as heard in the performance with out a lot of time smear by the speaker and additional distortions. Tight can also mean when a group of musicians attack notes precisely with accents from the drummer in a dance or jazz band as one example. When a drummer, bass violin, rhythm guitar, and pianist hit given notes precisely thru ought out a piece of music that is tight. Basie can or can not be tight depending on the type of music he preforms, that goes for Buddy Rich's group, too. Tony Bennett's final concert with Lady GaGa shown on TV the band behind the singers was very tight on some numbers. That big band supplemented with strings really cooked!! Michael Jackson's arranger when he still played trumpet and also directed groups could get them to play very precisely or tight. I am having a senior moment and can't remember his name.
 
Michael Jackson's arranger when he still played trumpet and also directed groups could get them to play very precisely or tight. I am having a senior moment and can't remember his name.

Quincy

I've never actually seen Quincy in his trumpet-playing days. If there's a video of him playing (couldn't find one in a brief search), I'd love to see it.
 
Last edited:
Um, aren't there quite a few excellent speaker designs in which the tweeter isn't sitting right on top of or inside the woofer? I mean, does the author of that list work for Q Acoustics or KEF? I've heard lots of KEF speakers where that design didn't work well.
 
Back
Top Bottom