• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

100,000 even 200,000 mile vehicle club

296,000 miles 1997 Lexus ES300, was my father's car bought new. After he had a stroke in 1999, my oldest son drove it (into the ground) for 14 years. Cosmetically poor inside and out but drivetrain still good. When cats died, we "retired" to crusher.
222,663 miles 1997 Lexus ES300, my former commuter car, but might be having terminal trouble now. Bought used with 97,000 on it in 2007.
210,208 miles 1999 Lexus ES300, my younger son's commuter car, bought used w/65,000 in 2006. Will be gifting it to a friend soon.
224,426 miles 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE minivan, handicap converted, bought new, was primary mover for my daughter for 14 years. Now a secondary cargo and people mover
179,651 miles 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited minivan, handicap converted, bought used in 2013 with 132,000 miles on it, has been primary mover for daughter for last 3 years (has a DVD player for trips!). Moves speaker and bikes well too!
123,608 miles 2000 Porsche Boxster S, was my primary commuter and fun car from 2000-2008, had put 120K on it in that capacity, then stored till 2017. Reawakened and used weekends.
~~70,000 miles, 1970 Porsche 914-6, that's the rough mileage that was on the car when I bought it although odo shows less (~53K IIRC). Sat in my garage since 1998 awaiting restoration, project started late November 2019.

All but the 914-6 have been maintained on Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. After the 914-6 motor is rebuilt, I'll see what my engine guy recommends and stick to that.

Yeah, I and my family like to drive.
 
Last edited:
Some impressive numbers on here. I'm a rookie. My 2004 Toyota Tacoma that I bought new has 145,000 on it. Hasn't cost me much of anything outside of routine maintenance. I did get the undercarriage replaced for free due to rust issues.
 
1998 Ford Ranger my daily driver with 4 cyl manual transmission now over 256k within the next week should roll 257,000. My dad's old truck (he passed away in 2008 when it had 97k on it). I was not expecting the Neanderthal to keep going the way it has. He kept saying it was going to be the last vehicle he would buy and he was right. Highest mileage vehicle I have owned. My baby brother's 2001 Solara he has owned starting at about 120k is also over 250k.
IMG_20191102_161414.jpg
 
Last edited:
- 1991 Honda Accord @ 202,XXX miles before I gave it to a former grad student when I left The States.

- 1963 Chevy Impala Coupe @ 100,XXX+ @ time I gace it away to my cousin's son, also @ time I left The States. This is an original 409 cui motored car, real nice. The kid's (um, he's 30 this year) is having a ball with it.

- 1958 Willys G.P @ ???,??? miles and keeps on ticking.
(nb: for comparison, I have a 1957 Chrysler 300 w/ a legit / original 47,000 miles @ the clock)
 
Just as an exercise, imaging and calculate how much oil you have used, and how many tires have you gone through to achieve this kind of mileage?
 
My daily driver Ranger is at 380K +, put a motor in at 300k (valves on the 3.0 clattered since 80k and new one is starting too, lol) and a transmission at 365k. It's badly in need of a drivers seat and headliner.

truck.jpg
 
Last edited:
No picture at the moment, but my 2007 HYUNDAI SANTA FE currently has 484,492 miles on it. Driven regularly. Looks like crap, but runs amazing. The local shop I have my oil changes on at says they can't believe it runs so good. A couple of the guys have said when I am ready to let it go, they want it.
 
My daily is my low mileage vehicle. 96 S10 with 185k. Trans at ~125k
84 Continental diesel 195k, assumed original??
86 Towncar 205k (not a damn thing besides the odometer is original on this though)
91 Mark VII 233k all original

the Mark VII I wrecked was at 247k and running very well. Trans on that one ~180k.

the truck is getting pretty bad rusty but runs fine. With any sort of reasonable maintenance I don't see why 150k on any modern thing isn't easily done. Rust and/or suspension wear will catch up with you after that point.
 
My wife just traded in her 2004 Hyundai Elantra at 185,000. Could have made 200 easy.

My 2000 Dakota R/T has 170,000 but was retired from daily driver at 145,000 and used as a truck and tow vehicle.
It still has the same power as when I bought it in 2002 with 31,000 miles and has been incredibly dependable.

Until I got my 2015 Jeep Renegade in 2017, the lowest mileage car/truck we owned was my 1973 Plymouth Satellite at 60,500.
For reference, the Renegade turned 60,000 about a month ago!
 
I had 199,000 on a 98 Toyota Camry before i traded it on a 2005 Camry that now has 243,000 and still going strong. I gave that to my son and bought a 2016 Camry....can't go wrong with those cars. Oil, filters, tires and the occasional battery.

I had a few Fords that made over 100k, Ranger, Windstar, Taurus, Escort. But just barely...and at that point there was a long list of other problems as well, and a huge stack of repair bills. They all needed transmission work, or were junked when the tranny failed.
In hindsight they were all ****... Never again .
 
Cars I had
1980 Ford Fiesta 196,000 never stranded, sold, saw it 6 months later still on the road
1996 Ford Areostar 187,000 never stranded, traded
2002 VW Passat 101,000 never stranded, traded and regretted it
2012 Ford Focus 103,000 never stranded, sold to son, still going strong

regular maintenance is key. none of the above cars burned oil
the Focus was oil, brakes and tires never even changed so much as light bulb. new TCM at 100,000+ on Fords dime. just a great car
 
78 Chevy C-20 P/U 250,000 miles, replaced timing chain and it went another 100 thousand when it rounded out a couple of cam lobes.
99 Chevy Venture van got from MIL with 285 thou on it, finally parked it with 463 thou on it and it still ran good, just a bunch of little things needing repairs, like window regulator, exhaust ect.
01 Chevy Silverado (current DD) last time the LED odo worked was two years ago and it read 333 thou, I'm guessing close to 400 now.
67 Chevy Belair (are you starting to see a brand trend here?) bought 5 years ago with 99,000 original miles on it and it now has 112,000 miles on it and still purrs like a 283 should, the motor has never been apart. ;)
 
Last edited:
Bought 93 Dakota in 93. If I had known it was going to go 300k I would have repainted it in 2000.
Towed the little 1942 dozer (new hobby) home with it two months ago.
V/8, auto, 3.91 posi.
P5250002.JPG
 
I will be 64 this year and have owned three cars.
1972 Buick Centurion Formal Coupe, 455 engine, 270,000 miles on it when I sold it, no issues other than the 9 miles per gallon.
1983 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 305 Engine, 340,000 miles, I did have to have a transmission overhaul at 220,00. I sold it to a friend and he had it for 6 or 8 months before it was stolen and the engine was stripped out of it when it was found.
Currently 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, 350 LT1 engine, currently at 200,000 miles, It recently had to have a new A/C compressor.
 
I will be 64 this year and have owned three cars.
1972 Buick Centurion Formal Coupe, 455 engine, 270,000 miles on it when I sold it, no issues other than the 9 miles per gallon.
1983 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 305 Engine, 340,000 miles, I did have to have a transmission overhaul at 220,00. I sold it to a friend and he had it for 6 or 8 months before it was stolen and the engine was stripped out of it when it was found.
Currently 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, 350 LT1 engine, currently at 200,000 miles, It recently had to have a new A/C compressor.

We are of similar age, and a 1971 Buick Centurion (4 door) was my 2nd car (a '63 LeSabre was my first)... What a boat that Centurion was - you rarely see them mentioned anywhere... :-)
 
Back
Top Bottom