• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2010-11 College Basketball

Ooops, I was so excited by the VT win, I missed one.

You're right about the Garden. Syracuse's normal home away from home court advantage may be in jeopardy. Hopefully Carmelo will be there with the Knicks fans. As far as the byes, they can be a double edged sword. Sometimes adrenalin is better than a rest.

And yes, I'm sure there's another Butler out there just waiting.
 
and we both forgot about 13th ranked Florida losing today as well...has to be the mot single day carnage amongst ranked teams ever
 
:lmao:there that Jayhawker is

UConn at Cincinatti, and Pitt at Louisville today, more serious hoop in store

Finn, if VT beats BC Tuesday, they get a bye in the ACC tournament. I think they make the big dance this year, finally
 
. . .
I've never seen a season in which the distance from 25th to 1st was so short. More so than ever before, this is anybodys year in the NCAA tournament, and there are some seriously good unranked mid majors who are, no doubt, licking their chops too
. . .

QFT :yes:

What a great win for VT!
And there should be rioting in the streets if St. Johns doesn't get long overdue recognition in the polls on Monday.

If UNC can bet Maryland this evening I'm not going to work on Monday.
Don't worry, I'm retired :D

Roger
 
good win for Louisville as they beat #4 Pittsburgh at home, and yet another top ten team loses this week. ten of the top 25 have lost so far this week, how crazy is that
 
The Cats actually held a lead and pinned that Gator!Now Vandy....these youngsters are hard on the nerves but Cal has seemingly got their attention.
 
Last night was one of the very few nights we were rooting for Kansas State.....

needless to say, I was also watching the Texas-K State game with rapt interest.What an interesting subplot for the KU faithful, having K State as a short term, unwilling ally in bringing another Big 12 title shot to Kansas. Texas is a talented, solid team that is suffering a period of malaise very similar to that which both K State and Kansas have fallen victim to and, seemingly, have played their way clear of. Should they regain their focus, they will again be a very dangerous team, and more than capable of winning it all.

What all the "big" teams of recent years need to be concerned with are the teams coming into sharp focus as conference tournament and NCAA tournament play rapidly approaches- teams like Purdue, St. John, Notre Dame, the fallen from grace and revived K State, not to mention teams like Cleveland State, George Mason, Oakland University (from Michigan), Xavier, and so on. Unlike recent years (and decades), there must be twenty or more teams talented enough to win it all, or at least, take out a traditionally powerful team, opening the door further for the hottest team which peaks in March, whoever that may end up being.

Brilliant stuff, ain't it :thmbsp:
 
Sorry to hear about this. What a time to screw up...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6175090

no kidding, a real shame, for him and his teammates, and their fans. One can't help but wonder what line he crossed, and how draconian this institutions "honor code" is as compared to an Auburn or Ohio State University,etc, Either way, he is a student there of his own volition, and apparently agreed to a set of rules, and subsequently violated them.
 
Well, it's a religious university, and I understand a higher set of standards. Didn't ex Chicago Bears QB Jim Mcmahon go to BYU? Hard to believe he didn't violate a rule or two..:)
 
Well, it's a religious university, and I understand a higher set of standards. Didn't ex Chicago Bears QB Jim Mcmahon go to BYU? Hard to believe he didn't violate a rule or two..:)

"higher" standard? I certainly expect it's a more prudish and restrictive one, but there are many institutions of higher learning that have strong ethics that aren't founded on theist doctrine, UVA coming immediately to mind.

McMahon is a genuine bizarro, I don't know if he was back then or not. One can't help but wonder if he was held to similar standards when there.
 
I feel for BYU fans. I heard Davies had sex with is girlfriend, which is what led to his dismissal from the team. I think it was scrolled across the bottom on ESPN last night.

In this day and age it seems strange, but I guess someone deemed it necessary to cast the first stone.
 
"He was suspended from the nation's third-ranked basketball team because he admitted to violating the school's honor code by having sexual relations with his girlfriend. An honor code is an honor code and the one at BYU, a private school affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, requires students to "live a chaste and virtuous life." Students are also required to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ea...don_davies_was_dismissed_f.html?moreheadlines

I guess the same thing could have happened if had ordered iced tea with his lunch.:dunno:
 
St. Johns and UConn hit flat spots and lose against lesser teams, Kansas stumbles but manages to win ugly. Looks like end of long season blues are setting in on many top teams, and hopefully its temporary.

BYU also got hammered by a nobody team, hopefully the first of many consecutive losses. You want to live in 18th century ignorance, fine, have at it, and take your athletic programs with you.

Conference tournament play is only days away. Most excellent
 
Back
Top Bottom