• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2010-11 College Basketball

BYU also got hammered by a nobody team, hopefully the first of many consecutive losses.

Getting crushed at home is devastating and I agree with your assessment of the situation as well. Now if Puke can cough it up against NC then my Boilers have a chance to climb a few spots. Assuming they beat lowly Iowa.
 
Do not watch the Heels, Duke game tonight.

on the final regular season Saturday, which is loaded with tasty matchups, if I had to pick one game to watch, it would be this one. I hate to admit it, but I've actually let my hopes soar that my beloved Tar Heels will show up and vanquish the hated Blue Devils, in preparation for a productive post season run.

Big buzz on Tobacco road again, with two teams actually worthy of high March Madness seedings
 
on the final regular season Saturday, which is loaded with tasty matchups, if I had to pick one game to watch, it would be this one. I hate to admit it, but I've actually let my hopes soar that my beloved Tar Heels will show up and vanquish the hated Blue Devils, in preparation for a productive post season run.

Big buzz on Tobacco road again, with two teams actually worthy of high March Madness seedings

Winner of this game gets #1 seed in the ACC tourney. Both 12&2.

Heels are favored by 3. Should be a classic.
 
the early games were as good as expected today

Kansas showed me a little something winning on the road today at Missouri, not an elite team, but not an easy win by any stretch of the imagination. The anecdote about Norm Stewart never even spending a single cent in the state of Kansas during his long tenure at Missouri says it all about the intensity of this rivalry. That's commitment.

West Virginia needed a homer call in the final second to do it, but they beat a hot Louisville team at home to further ratchet up the anticipation for the Big East tournament next week. Louisville didn't stand to gain or lose as far as next week goes, but they fought like hell the whole way.

Great stuff, and it continues all day, on well into the evening
 
Many KU and MU fans are probably in the hospital this afternoon if they were watching the game at a bar. CBS cut away from our game during the last 2 minutes to show the beginning of the Michigan/Michigan State game. :gigglemad

Thank God I was at home and was able to get to the computer and the radio.

To say we were peeved is putting it mildly. Both sides are FLOODING CBS with complaints. :thumbsdn:

Finale: KU wins the Big 12 Championship for the 7th time in a row!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::sing: Rock Chalk!
 
Do not watch the Heels, Duke game tonight.

Sure!
And I won't drink beer during the game :D

Cool video on Twitter, Facebook, etc., about Jon Henson.
During halftime of UNC Womens' game Henson asked teammate Van Hatchell to teach him how to "shag". Hatchell is the son of UNC womens' coach Sylvia Hatchell and a nonscholarship player for the Tar Heels.

Here's one linky

Roger
 
Many KU and MU fans are probably in the hospital this afternoon if they were watching the game at a bar. CBS cut away from our game during the last 2 minutes to show the beginning of the Michigan/Michigan State game. :gigglemad

Thank God I was at home and was able to get to the computer and the radio.

To say we were peeved is putting it mildly. Both sides are FLOODING CBS with complaints. :thumbsdn:

Finale: KU wins the Big 12 Championship for the 7th time in a row!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::sing: Rock Chalk!

I was furiously switching between the KU game and the Louisville-WVU game, got engrossed in the latter which became a nailbiter when KU was up by 12 points and shooting free throws, so I missed that bit of CBS stupidity. Here's one of the nations oldest and fiercest rivalries, a Big 12 title on the line, and they abandon it for the opening minutes of a game between two NIT teams (maybe). And this is the network that owns the March Madness broadcast rights for many years to come. I would have been livid, too
 
F@(%ing Boilers. How the heck do you let down and lose to the worst team in the conference at the end of the season?
 
F@(%ing Boilers. How the heck do you let down and lose to the worst team in the conference at the end of the season?

I knew youy'd be steamed over this one...look on the bright side, better to get a low ebb game out of the way in the regular season than next week, or the week after. The coach probably couldn't have done anyting that would get theire attention and heads straight more than this loss. Purdue is still on track for the final 8, or better
 
They were flirting with disaster for awhile the last game too. I guess I understand how that can happen but it still sucks since a solid 8 days of basketball (starting today) would have secured an easier road in the big tourney.
 
the Tar Heels rule the paint, and get it done, very nice. I hope they do the same thing to them again next weekend. Very well done
 
Not a classic, but I have to admit, that may have been the worst Duke game I've seen this year.

Now off to Greensboro.
 
Back
Top Bottom