• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS question

EVBoy

Super Member
Can I replace the foam challenged 7" woofers on my ADS 710's with cannibalized rubber surround woofers from junk ADS 470's? Are all 7" ADS woofers with rubber surrounds the same?
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm not sure it those would work. The woofers are different and I'm not sure if the surrounds are the same. If you don't want to have them repaired you could look for donor woofers on eBay. I believe the ones from L420's are the same size. I'm not sure about the earlier L400's but they might work as well. You might want to check with Richard So at ads_speakers@yahoo.com to see if he has the correct parts.
 
I have had a pair of ADS SAT5's and the Sub5 since 1992. Retail was around $1200. I have manged to keep these in great condition, though I have not had them hooked up in probably 15 years. I managed to lose the user manual and cannot remember the wiring instructions to connect the SAT5's and SUB5 and my integrated amp. Does anyone have a copy or a chart / diagram ?
 
wiring instructions to connect the SAT5's and SUB5 and my integrated amp. Does anyone have a copy or a chart / diagram ?
Welcome to ak.

maybe someone will drop in with the info you need but if you supply some pictures, drag and drop can work some here might figure it out. Don't seem many pics of these speakers on the web.

Woulda been best to have your very own thread on this but hopefully folks will see this question.
 
Back
Top Bottom