• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Amazing cables

What's the deal with those reviews,is that company real? Why would someone post reviews like that?

I believe that the Denon dedicated link cable was real, but I've no idea what the original price was. It was probably considerably higher than it should have been, and then somebody got the idea for making a faux review. It caught on... and now there are some sellers offering it for an absurdly high price, but I'll bet anything it's a lark--no item is really being sold.

AudioQuest has other cables featured on Amazon, to include the Volcano model, for $4000 (less than half the price of the K2). Seems absurd to be real, but this item is featured at other website retailers for even more. Anyway, makes a great spoof target... I'm just surprised that it's allowed, as you'd think it would be considered a negative form of attention to the seller/manufacturer.


Anyway, many of the faux reviews are funny, but this one takes the cake (excerpt):

"DON'T BUY THE CABLES!

We were fools, fools to develop such a thing! Sound was never meant to be this clear, this pure, this... accurate. For a few short days, we marveled. Then the... whispers... began.

Were they Aramaic? Hyperborean? Some even more ancient tongue, first spoken by elder races under the red light of dying suns far from here? We do not know, but somehow, slowly... we began to UNDERSTAND.

No, no, please! I don't want to remember! YOU WILL NOT MAKE ME REMEMBER! I saw brave men claw their own eyes out... oh, god, the screaming... the mobs of feral children feasting on corpses, the shadows MOVING, the fires burning in the air! The CHANTING!"
 
Last edited:
HA! Smarty Pants!

For the non-IT/tech folks among us, this Denon cable is a simple Ethernet CAT5 cable. They cost about 13 cents to make and is the cable you probably have between your router and computer.

We don't have no stinking "cable you probably have between your router and computer".

The mice ate it.

So we installed a Cisco E3000. It keeps the mice away.

Also, somewhat, the Palmetto Bugs.

AND... It keeps the elephants and camels away. Why, we ain't had any elephants and camels around here since I fired up that E3000.
 
Plagarism

Apparently aspiring comedy writers take this as an opportunity to hone their writing chops.
That's what I thought at first. Then a realized a lot of the reviews sounded hauntingly familiar. I didn't have to go far to find out why.
 
That's what I thought at first. Then a realized a lot of the reviews sounded hauntingly familiar. I didn't have to go far to find out why.

Maybe this is supposed to be obvious, but it isn't to me... why is it that they sound hauntingly familiar?
 
Well

Maybe this is supposed to be obvious, but it isn't to me... why is it that they sound hauntingly familiar?
I can't tell you without getting in trouble. My wife told me I've got to go to the other room, she can hear me thinking.
 
Back
Top Bottom