• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Amp + Speakers

Register to hide this ad
They would work together, but there are many other factors to determine if they would sound good. The speaker specs are a little concerning. I see a lot of car speakers with 4ohm impedance, a lot of HTIB speakers with 3ohm impedance, but I rarely see an impedance of 2ohms which you have with the BOSS speakers. Were you planning to run both sets of speakers from the amp's L/R channels? What are you planning for a sub? Wiring both pairs of L/R speakers in series will result a 6ohms load where in parallel it would be 1.33ohms. These are resistance readings. Impedance readings are for AC resistance and change with frequency, so may go lower or higher than the nominal readings. In the car audio world this may not be unusual, but in home audio the 1.33ohm nominal impedance is not good.
 
They would work together, but there are many other factors to determine if they would sound good. The speaker specs are a little concerning. I see a lot of car speakers with 4ohm impedance, a lot of HTIB speakers with 3ohm impedance, but I rarely see an impedance of 2ohms which you have with the BOSS speakers. Were you planning to run both sets of speakers from the amp's L/R channels? What are you planning for a sub? Wiring both pairs of L/R speakers in series will result a 6ohms load where in parallel it would be 1.33ohms. These are resistance readings. Impedance readings are for AC resistance and change with frequency, so may go lower or higher than the nominal readings. In the car audio world this may not be unusual, but in home audio the 1.33ohm nominal impedance is not good.

BOSS speakers? I'm looking at jbl speakers with I believe a 4 Amp nominal impedence if I'm not mistaken. Also I'd run the left channel to a crossover and from there to the tweeter and woofer. Same for the right output. Not using the sub output until someday I get a subwoofer for my project.
 
I see a lot of car speakers with 4ohm impedance, a lot of HTIB speakers with 3ohm impedance, but I rarely see an impedance of 2ohms which you have with the BOSS speakers.
BOSS speakers? I'm looking at jbl speakers
I don't know if this is what @kfalls is referring to . . . but when I try and follow that link to the Amazon page for the JBL speakers that @LotzaMatza is referring to, my browser gets hijacked and I wind up on a Wallmart page showing a weird mix of JBL speakers plus Boss speakers: https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-JBL-GT...ickid=T:AR35wffxyOUGjwUx0Mo38SUknQM8xMEW120I0

The redirect only happens when I use Safari, not Firefox. This has also happened to me with a couple of your previous posts, @LotzaMatza - same redirect away from Amazon to pages on Walmart for similar but not identical products; I had to use Firefox to go to the correct pages on Amazon. I had been thinking it was malware in my Safari browser, but I've done scans with anti-virus and anti-malware programs and they haven't found any malware. So maybe it's something with the links?!
 
I don't know if this is what @kfalls is referring to . . . but when I try and follow that link to the Amazon page for the JBL speakers that @LotzaMatza is referring to, my browser gets hijacked and I wind up on a Wallmart page showing a weird mix of JBL speakers plus Boss speakers: https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-JBL-GTO628-6-5-6-75-180W-2-Way-Boss-CH6920-6x9-350W-Car-Speakers/46164777?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_T:AR35wffxyOUGjwUx0Mo38SUknQM8xMEW120I0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_27795&clickid=T:AR35wffxyOUGjwUx0Mo38SUknQM8xMEW120I0

The redirect only happens when I use Safari, not Firefox. This has also happened to me with a couple of your previous posts, @LotzaMatza - same redirect away from Amazon to pages on Walmart for similar but not identical products; I had to use Firefox to go to the correct pages on Amazon. I had been thinking it was malware in my Safari browser, but I've done scans with anti-virus and anti-malware programs and they haven't found any malware. So maybe it's something with the links?!

Exactly. I inspected the link and found the original Amazon page. Now it makes much more sense. I couldn't figure out why the need an external crossover for a coaxial-type speaker. That amp should be able to drive your speakers. BTW Impedance is Ohms not Amps.
 
Back
Top Bottom