• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anybody know where I can buy Ken Wetzel FM antenna baluns?

odcics2

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Or someone that can build me a couple? Pics below.
My fine motor skills are lacking these days. (Parkinson’s)
Thank you.
IMG_3226.jpegIMG_3227.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
The greatest loss I've ever measured in the FM band for a balun, a Radio Shack model with long leads, was 0.85 dB. Most other baluns are around 0.75 dB. The small cylindrical baluns, often with "Property of Cable TV Co." printed on them, are about 0.5 dB. The L-network balun is 0.17 dB worst case over 88-108 MHz. The halfwave coaxial balun is 0.12 dB worst case over the same range. Subtract any two numbers for the S/N difference you will hear on a stereo signal. Now, are you sure you really need a low-loss balun?

Brian
 
I’d like to try a 1/2 wave.
I’d PM you but your info is private.



EDIT - You know, after thinking about it, I think I'll stand pat.
The Channel Master CM-3203 baluns I am using have superior shielding and a pretty exact 300 to 75 impedance match across the FM dial.
I recently upgraded my two separate attic runs of 30-year-old Radio Shack RG-6 to Belden 1694A.
Doing both cables and baluns solved my problems getting Canadian stations, through Downtown Detroit, and to the west a closer, but weaker, school station. :rockon:

I can get an east Lansing station about 70 miles away, but it only broadcasts classical music.
:rflmao:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom