• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone in CT with Speaker Box Building Experience?

Lost240

New Member
Hi,
I am looking to have a set of Altec Model 19 cabinets built. Is there anyone in the Connecticut area that has experience with this or speaker cabinet building in general?
 
Register to hide this ad
There is a guy in Milford area who builds very good cabinets, but I don't have his phone or address. Post an ad on New Haven CL - maybe he will see it.
 
I would imagine most cabinet makers would be fully capable of building what you are looking for. A non audiophile cabinet maker would have to have your criteria explained exactly, but they make a living building specific designs.
Something as big as a 19 may not be cheap, though.
 
I really don't know. Someone at the last AK Fest mentioned that guy...but again-I don't remember who.
Sorry...I am an old dude....
 
You might try googling "kitchen cabinet builder" and your city, or the closet major city.
I know my uncle who builds kitchen cabinets would be very capable of building speaker boxes. Thats why I mention the kitchen cabinet thing

Also I agree with the above, if the person has not built speaker boxes before you will have to tell them specifically what you want
 
Back
Top Bottom