• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

At long last... The Edgarhorns are singing!

Okay, you got me on a technicality, fellas! :D



We spend a lot of time in that room. Behind the couch is a kids' play area, with shelves of toys and games. They bounce on the couch and climb the walls during the day. In the evening after the kids are down, my wife and I watch television and hang out on the couch. I wish our house were large enough to afford me my own listening room, but for now this is what we have. That's why it's important that my wife be okay with this. At the moment, she's rolling with it but I know she doesn't love it.

Ah c'mon Nate. I'll volunteer my time to help build you a proper listening room. I'm a nail bender by trade. Dude, you need somewhere to escape when the kids and wife are too much to handle. If you ever want to add on or renovate, I'm serious, I will help.
 
Looks good nate, Who convinced you? RON?
I think Ron is a very bad influence:nono:
He a bad man. Don't listen to him.
I'd like to blame Ron, but it was the horns themselves that did the convincing.

They were Ron's horns though, so maybe I can blame RC by association... the bastard! :D

Ah c'mon Nate. I'll volunteer my time to help build you a proper listening room. I'm a nail bender by trade. Dude, you need somewhere to escape when the kids and wife are too much to handle. If you ever want to add on or renovate, I'm serious, I will help.
That's very cool of you, Kyle!! :yes:

But no, I don't think we'll be pumping much money into this house, knowing full well that we won't be here forever. The current setup seems to be accepted by all parties, and for now it's a good compromise.
 
Not a good idea to put money into ANY house at the moment. They are not worth what we paid for them. I am up side down and told the morgage company to either reduce my loan or take it back. It is just a business decision.
 
Not a good idea to put money into ANY house at the moment. They are not worth what we paid for them. I am up side down and told the morgage company to either reduce my loan or take it back. It is just a business decision.

I agree with you djnagle. The housing industry has fallen off the face of the earth. Only thing keeping me going are remodels to meet FHA code, so houses can be sold. I would still love to build a sound room though...
 
I'd like to blame Ron, but it was the horns themselves that did the convincing.

They were Ron's horns though, so maybe I can blame RC by association... the bastard! :D


Audio and music reproduction can speak for itself. It doesn't (shouldn't) need much help in that regard. If you listen to enough systems and something in the back of your head tells you it's "right" enough times it probably is :yes:

For me, I have a difficult time defining right but I know it when I hear it. If it doesn't move you then it's not right regardless of opinions to the contrary.

RC
 
Audio and music reproduction can speak for itself. It doesn't (shouldn't) need much help in that regard. If you listen to enough systems and something in the back of your head tells you it's "right" enough times it probably is :yes:

For me, I have a difficult time defining right but I know it when I hear it. If it doesn't move you then it's not right regardless of opinions to the contrary.

RC

Your right.
 
Audio and music reproduction can speak for itself. It doesn't (shouldn't) need much help in that regard. If you listen to enough systems and something in the back of your head tells you it's "right" enough times it probably is :yes:

For me, I have a difficult time defining right but I know it when I hear it. If it doesn't move you then it's not right regardless of opinions to the contrary.

RC
True, that.

Personal taste comes into play too, and I think RC and I have similar tastes. He turned me on to wood horns, and I'm responsible for his flea-powered SET amp affliction.

We can probably call it even. :)
 
True, that.

Personal taste comes into play too, and I think RC and I have similar tastes. He turned me on to wood horns, and I'm responsible for his flea-powered SET amp affliction.

We can probably call it even. :)


You bastard! You have cost me untold amounts of money :D

RC
 
Those are absolutely gorgeous. Don't know much about them but to me they certainlly pass the "That is sooo cool eyeball test!"
 
I can tell you that the Edgarhorns on top sound wonderful. I've had 3 pairs. I've never heard the Fraizer bass bin.

Nate, how high and low does the bass bin go? How would you discribe the sound? I've always assumed that they might kick like a mule if needed.

After having open baffle woofers in the house for a couple weeks now, I don't think I'd ever go back to horns or boxes. And, you just can't beat the price.
 
Nate, how high and low does the bass bin go? How would you discribe the sound? I've always assumed that they might kick like a mule if needed.
They don't go that low, Dennis. Probably mid 40s, at best (Ron, correct me if you think I'm wrong - I'm not much of a speaker guy) but they sound very nice. Kick like a mule? Maybe. Things never get very loud at my place.
that is a genius setup, nate, and i love the re-imagining of the Dixies. nice job.
Genius, sheer genius I tell ya! ;)


RC
Yeah, RC's the mad scientist brainchild behind this one. My speaker setup is a blatant and outright clone of his and I wouldn't have gone down this path had I not heard them at his house.

The re-imagining of the Dixielanders is courtesy of ejfud, who works miracles in wood. Anytime I've needed woodwork done, I've just turned things over to him and given him creative license. It's worked out beautifully so far. :yes:
 
I don't really mean loud, just solid. My OBLA-waves for example have the most solid midbass I've ever heard. I am a bit bias as an old bass player....midbass is important to me.
 
Back
Top Bottom