• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Attention Pioneer fans in Denver

Register to hide this ad
The second one is so right about shipping and how it's best not to. Generally it always tends to turn into a disaster and dispute due to someone's slackness during the process.

And honestly $500 isn't all that much nowadays is it ?, just go to the Supermarket and get a few things and you're up for nearly a hundred dollars.
 
Yeah, they are not to shabby. I sent an email lol, because I have problems...
 
Original owner, unmolested, never opened or taken apart in any way.

Complete and total bullshit, seller is a LIAR!

I'd like to see how they got those two 1/4" phone jacks in there without opening the case, or tapping into a circuit. Assuming they're probably jumped to A or B speaker outputs.

Good evidence that somebody liked to hook up the band's speakers and pound the **** out of em.

Better evidence that the seller is not truthful.

Fact: it has been molested. It has 2 holes drilled in it that don't belong there. As another AKer recently said "you can't turn that pickle back into a cucumber".

Fact: it has been opened. The molestation that took place required opening the case.

You make the call on whether the seller is the original owner. But, i'll take 3 strikes for a quarter.

One can only guess what else has been hacked inside.

1080 rear mod.jpg
 
Last edited:
I understand @bowtie427ss as the claim is that it is all original and original owner, both of which become unlikely:

"Highly sought after vintage receiver. Original owner, unmolested, never opened or taken apart in any way. 100% complete, all works as far as I can tell. It has been used in my workshop for over 30 years, doing light duty with the aux input. I haven't tested it out thoroughly (all inputs/outputs/modes, etc) but it basically worked fine for me. It could use a good internal cleaning and some cosmetic detailing to make it a perfect specimen. The plastic bracket that holds the AM antenna is broken, (very common). You can easily find these parts online, or you could 3D print a new bracket.

These can fetch $1300+ on Ebay. Local pickup only. Cash only."

It must have the very rare drilled and installed at different height 1/4" jack option. And "30 years" is only 1990, these were built in '78/'79 IIRC.
 
Complete and total bullshit, seller is a LIAR!

I'd like to see how they got those two 1/4" phone jacks in there without opening the case, or tapping into a circuit. Assuming they're probably jumped to A or B speaker outputs.

That's an interesting one, for sure. Still, I would buy any non-working 1080 for that price. Heck, I'd buy ten.
 
Well someone bought it, got a reply back. Ohh well, didn't need another one anyway lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom