• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best Buy LP sale, most 50% off or more

My BB total for 3 albums is $32.83

The same 3 LPs on Amazon are $63.85

One, a Black Keys album was close to the Amazon price. The other two were significantly less on BB.

Of course your mileage may vary.

I actually compared prices on about 15 albums and there were some good deals. Most were only a couple of bucks less than Amazon. It's still a money saver but maybe not as great as it seems on many titles.
 
are these inflated list prices? do new LP's cost $20 now?
Not at all, the albums I bought as a high school senior in 1971-2 were 4.29 with some discount off list, find yourself a inflation calculator and see for yourself. :)

Carl
 
I didn't compare every album to amazon, but I did six albums for $60 after tax...

Flaming Lips
The Modern Jazz Quartet
Sleigh Bells
Junior Kimbrough
VHS or Beta
Robert Earl keen


There were others I'd have bought if cheaper, or if I was rich. But, I'm not and they were not.
 
Annnnnnd...all of a sudden 7 albums are on the way w/ free shipping. $55 for mine. Thanks for posting this.
 
Rolling Stones GRRR! and U2 - Achtung Baby Remastered Box Set - under $200 (better than 50% off).

Thanks from me - darn you from my wallet!
 
Yes, this is a good heads up. I really wanted that T.Rex disc, but was sold out!

Still ended up with 5 for under $50.

Another tip for some that have iTunes downloaded. I use the iTune Store exclusively to preview albums and tracks. It`ll give you a 1-2 minute preview of each song on a album. So far they`ve had about 95% of the albums I wanted to check out. Helps in deciding to buy elsewhere. Good tool.
 
Yes, this is a good heads up. I really wanted that T.Rex disc, but was sold out!

Still ended up with 5 for under $50.

Another tip for some that have iTunes downloaded. I use the iTune Store exclusively to preview albums and tracks. It`ll give you a 1-2 minute preview of each song on a album. So far they`ve had about 95% of the albums I wanted to check out. Helps in deciding to buy elsewhere. Good tool.

That's what I did while searching the list. I picked up a couple artists I would've been hesitant to buy without sampling first. I always pull up iTunes while searching albums at thrift stores. It's a great tool to help me bring home stuff I like from artists I'm not familiar with.
 
I did pick up the Nick Drake Five Leaves Left box though.

Me too. Also got Clutch - Blast Tyrant. It was backordered, but finally got shipped. I got the Nick Drake a few days ago and was is great shape. Should have the Clutch by Friday.
 
I really want to order that Jason Isbelle, but I've been spending too much money.

I see that they take Paypal, I have a balance. Guess I'm good to go.
 
Yes, this is a good heads up. I really wanted that T.Rex disc, but was sold out!

Still ended up with 5 for under $50.

Another tip for some that have iTunes downloaded. I use the iTune Store exclusively to preview albums and tracks. It`ll give you a 1-2 minute preview of each song on a album. So far they`ve had about 95% of the albums I wanted to check out. Helps in deciding to buy elsewhere. Good tool.

I have an early Slider Reprise pressing and the Fat Possum that you were not able to get. The Fat Possum repress is not anywhere near the sound quality of the earlier pressing I would look for the original if I were you.
 
The records arrived via UPS today. The UPS driver gave treats to my dogs (see avatar) so everyone is happy. :) Listening to The Black Keys "Rubber Factory" right now and it's a great LP. Looking forward to spinning Boris, At The Drive In, Cage The Elephant, Iggy & The Stooges, R.L. Burnside, Meat Puppets, and Touche Amore.
 
Mine came today, too.

Jason Isbell - Southeastern
Harry Nilsson - Flash Harry
Albert King - Live Wire/Blues Power
 
Ethics Test!!

I ordered Tusk, Janice Joplin's Classic LP Collection box set and Wings over America for just under $100 - around 45% to 50% off list.

The order arrived yesterday..........AND today!

Today I received a completely duplicate shipment of all three albums. The shipping and return labels for both shipments are identical. There is only one order listed on my BB member account and my credit card was dinged only once. The only paperwork difference was the employee number of the people boxing up the two shipments.

I called BB customer service to make sure I was only being billed for one order, etc. BB had the same info I have - one order in the system and one credit card hit. The rep and I concluded that somehow the shipping department printed out two pick/shipment tickets for the same order.

Here is the ethics test. I can:
  1. Return one order and have BB completely refund my money for the "merchandise return" - while keeping the first order. Then I use the refund to purchase the Rolling Stones GRRRR album.:no:
  2. Take the second order to the BB store down the street and let them return the second order to inventory without crediting my card (if that is even possible).:yes:

Answer is number 2. Which by the way is also the correct answer for what you do after eating a bunch of White Castles. Think about it....

If I get the inkling that the local BB staff will wind up keeping the albums I will resort to answer number 1.

I wonder how many of the album orders were duplicated. Anyone else get a duplicate?
 
Today I received a completely duplicate shipment of all three albums.....

Here is the ethics test. I can:
  1. Return one order and have BB completely refund my money for the "merchandise return" - while keeping the first order. Then I use the refund to purchase the Rolling Stones GRRRR album.:no:
  2. Take the second order to the BB store down the street and let them return the second order to inventory without crediting my card (if that is even possible).:yes:

Sometimes these errors are caught in an internal audit. They may request that you send back one of the orders, or they may just charge you again. This can happen way into the future. If you do return one of the sets to your local store, make sure you get something in writing that this order was returned!

I got my order yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for a 2nd copy today!
 
Sometimes these errors are caught in an internal audit. They may request that you send back one of the orders, or they may just charge you again. This can happen way into the future. If you do return one of the sets to your local store, make sure you get something in writing that this order was returned!

I got my order yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for a 2nd copy today!


After reading your response I am concerned BB would bill me for the second shipment after I do the right thing by returning it without a $ refund. Even if I get some kind of receipt from the local store the corporate billing department would probably keep harassing me.

The corrected answer is - I'll call the local store first. If they are as clueless as the online person I will probably drop off the LPs later for a full merchandise return credit. Then if BB wants to bill me for the second order I end up at the right place. If they don't bill me for the second order BB is out $97. BB can afford it more than I can.
 
Back
Top Bottom