Copa1934
My ears are bleeding
I've gone this route with a 10-band (or 12, can't recall, don't use it much). It does work, not as effectively, but it is an improvement.As others have said, no, not exactly.
But, using a plain old EQ, even a 7-band, at least until you can secure the proper EQ will be a LOT better than using nothing.
I had a picture showing the slider arrangement and the resulting curve but deleted all that stuff a while back.
Starting point would be sliders arranged in a "u" like shape. Then adjust to your ears.
Least expensive route is a "unkown" working condition unit. More often they work but the seller is unable to test, or unwilling to test. Best deals that way. Bought all three of mine that way and they all work, though incrementally better from older to newer (based on serial numbers only). I've concluded that they do in fact drift and it varies with age and use.