• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Care to take a guess?

revjac

jac - desperaudio
These speakers came as part of a job lot and have me somewhat (pardon the pun) baffled as to their manufacture.
If anybody recognizes the logo or just wants to take some wild haphazard guess...
 

Attachments

  • mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Mystery logo.jpg
    Mystery logo.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Mystery-interior.jpg
    Mystery-interior.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 153
Register to hide this ad
That would be them - MT-1 indeed.
As soon as somebody said 'EPI' it twigged on me. I've never seen another pair of these though.
The cabinetry has seen better days so it may be that they're destined for the parts pile.

Thank-you gentlemen!
 
I like the design concept of those tho' I've never seen/heard a pair. Those who have heard them are generally not terribly impressed, though.
EPI (Epicure Products Inc) started in Newburyport, MA. Consequently, EPI speakers tend to be quite common 'round these parts. AKer EPI-center lives at EPI's... umm... epicenter :-)
 
I listened to a pair of those years ago, and don't remember being too impressed. I'd love to have those logo's though. :scratch2:
 
Well count me out of the nay sayers -- granted, I think the ones I've heard were two ways, but I thought they were great. Not perfect by any means, but lively and fun to listen to, and they fill a room in a very satisfying manner.
I've been looking for a pair for years (that's a hint, if they are headed to the dump pile), but every time I come across a pair, the owners have zero interest in selling.
Certainly listen to them before concluding they can't be any good.
 
Well, I though I was exiting the thread, but here I am on the reply page, so I might as well mention that the molded grills are very cool and hard to find. Don't can them.
 
I will put the stuffing back in 'em and re-attach the speaker connectors and then have a bit of a listen. I never can anything without a listen first.
But as I said - the cabinets are a touch rough so I will likely strip them out - save the drivers of course - and the logo for sure!
 
The older brother of a friend purchased the MicroTowers when they first came out. I had not heard much in the way of good audio at that time and I thought that they sounded pretty good. They were available at about the same time that Heart's Dreamboat Annie LP was released. I recall these things having pretty decent bass for what they were. Small footprint, too.
 
Given that they are white, you could fill in all holes and sharpen edges with wood filler and give them a coat of paint, and have a cool pair of speakers, rather than just some drivers. But maybe you need the drivers for another project...
 
Given that they are white, you could fill in all holes and sharpen edges with wood filler and give them a coat of paint, and have a cool pair of speakers, rather than just some drivers. But maybe you need the drivers for another project...
They'd be easy to veneer.
 
Back
Top Bottom