• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Coronavirus Is Evolving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the dumbest place
Check the status of Sioux City Iowa.

Sigh.

I still go to work everyday. They just tried to start limiting large groups like two days ago.

Too late people, too late.


Matt
 
has *any* virus been eradicated? ever?
Small Pox
Polio
I'm sure there are others, but can't think of them at the moment. My point was, based on where we are with this thing, shut downs don't stop this. They prolong it. I do understand the life and death of this and the overwhelming hospitals, but being told we have to do the lock downs to "stop" the virus, is just not accurate.
I will stop now, before I get in any trouble.
 
Though the data is still sketchy, letting covid-19 circulate in hope of her immunity could make it more lethal.
I am really worried because there is a surge of cases in California.

How are you doing and how's the situation in your area?

If it mutates, it'll likely become LESS lethal. That's what happened with the Spanish flu.

Think about it, the goal of the virus is to reproduce and propogate. The more lethal strains of it will debilitate its host, and limit propagation. While the more mild strains will have hosts that are still active, and can propagate it more widely.
 
wiggly-world-32
 
where in pa? anyways, around pitt they are toying with universal school closings as some kids are testing +. But !!!! not one kid has gotten it in the school! each time they contact traced, the 'exposed' kids passed quarantine with 0 cases. in school, my kid wears a mask full time, sits 90 feet from any human, not allowed to talk, socialize or eat in the cafe. all indoor locations around here are full time masks so either there is some other factor or masks dont work, but yanno.

we have 50% restaurants (allegh cty down to 25), no bars, no pubs, no clubs, no sporting events but outside steelers are 1/20th stadium capacity, no concerts, no movies...so unless people are gathering in basements at night for big slobber fests, there is something else at play no one is discussing.
Hush....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom