• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Desolder Tool Recommendations

CelticKnot

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am considering splurging for a Hakko FR301 for a recap project. Is it worth it or can I get by with something less spendy?
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought one to recap my Onkyo M-508 amp, it was worth every penny, but be careful about staying on too long, you can lift a trace that way.
001.jpg
 
The Hakko is absolutely totally 100% worth it. Buy it direct from Japan and it's a steal too.

If I may offer one bit of advice, get a proper 633 stand because the stand that comes with the tool is worthless. Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom