• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do you like the new format???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, man -- every little bit helps.

EDIT: Found it. Very helpful!
 
Last edited:
It is a bit hard on the eyes....
Myself, I agree. The rest will settle down soon when the dust is gone...
But the look on most recently updated forums create more fatigue
Anyway it prevents me from hanging out on the computer too long instead of tinkering audio.:)

One thing I am missing, not knowing how to scroll quickly through ALL of the new posts after some days, which add up to over a 1000, I did have the habit to quickly go to page 2 of unread posts, modify the url in the browser from 25 to 225 (the max displayed went to 200). So i could scroll faster but maybe there was a setting for it I never discovered. So now it is 20 it seems unmodifyable
 
Last edited:
There used to be an option for "go to last post" in a forum. This saved having to reading pages of posts to get to ones that you'd not seen.

More difficult to read with extraneous light.
 
Kind of a like/and not thing for me but sure I'll get used too it mostly......one big thing though? 15 minutes of checking it all out and my eyes are burning because of how bright it is.
 
Weird , I thought I made a post just now but it seemed to go into cyber abyss. Biggest beef so far is light lettering on light back round....please?
 
I don't see one section in the subscribers part that used to be there (Back Alley Pub). I also can't find where to search for posts I started or posts I participated in???
 
I don't "dislike" it all, but to me, everything is too big. I prefer the smaller threads list, more text and less pictures, and the bottom menu to jump to other thread. I think it's more important to see the threads titles than the large avatars in that list. Most users are here looking for info, not user's avatars. I usually disable pictures when using the site in my phone. Having that large font size, large avatars, make the list shorter, you need to scroll down all the time, since the "stickies" can take half of your screen.

I didn't use the search functions yet, but what doesn't work on my software is the "keep me logged in". I need to log in every time I start a new session. I don't know if this is a "feature" or a problem. I'm using firefox 39.0 under linux.

My "sigpic" appears as "[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]. Should I edit that in some way?

Also, all the old threads are "bold", as unread. Can I change that? Mark everything as "read"?

To have all the "format" and "advanced" tools in this "quick reply" window is nice, better than before.
 
Last edited:
Meh, not so much. Tiring to eyes, really busy. Bright side? This will likely break my habit of way too many visits here.
Seriously, this is my silver face Marantz being stolen, and replaced with a modern black face Sony.....
 
No, for so many reasons I won't enumerate here. Though there are some positives and I, of course, appreciate the effort and spirit that went into the change(s).

Really am not fond of the "trophies". How sophomoric; I feel like I'm in grade school receiving meaningless awards for meaningless "accomplishments". I didn't ask for these and really don't want them forced on me. We need to be able to opt out of this nonsense.
 
Last edited:
There used to be an option for "go to last post" in a forum. This saved having to reading pages of posts to get to ones that you'd not seen.

Overall I think this will be a huge improvement once we get accustomed to the new features etc. I'm sure there's a "Last" function that can be enabled.
 
No, for so many reasons I won't enumerate here. Though there are some positives and I, of course, appreciate the effort and spirit that went into the change(s).

Really am not fond of the "trophies". How sophomoric; I feel like I'm in grade school receiving meaningless awards for meaningless "accomplishments".

+1, all kind of "accomplishments" seems no sense for me. I even abandoned a forum where you had to "value" every response, so they ranked the people with more "solutions", in a kind of weekly, monthly and historical rank. :{ You have even a "king of forum" every week. :{ I didn't like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom