• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electro now playing thread?

Delerium - Karma (w/Bonus Disc of Remixes)

(In reference to another thread - Yes, I DO like Sarah :yes:)

dscf0906.jpg
 
Not that as a release, although I have a few mix compilations that contain "All that We Are" and "Paradiso"

How is it?

I like it quite a bit. Sorta trippy ambient dub I guess you'd say. Bought it in late '97 and liked it then but hadn't really listened to it in a long time as I misplaced my CD. Finally dug up a replacement copy, which I'm listening to now. I love revisiting things after a long absence. Especially when the material still holds up :thmbsp:
 
... I love revisiting things after a long absence. Especially when the material still holds up :thmbsp:

I know exactly what you mean. Some of my early Renaissance stuff, and even stuff from Art of Noise, Tangerine Dream, etc., sound fresh despite their 20-30 year datings. :yes:

It's even great to hear some oldies mixed and respun into new trance. Oakenfold does an excellent mix of Zeppelin's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and Deep Dish does a mix of Boy George's Do You Really Want to Hurt Me, which is not at all like the original... absolutely amazing! :thmbsp:
 
I know exactly what you mean. Some of my early Renaissance stuff, and even stuff from Art of Noise, Tangerine Dream, etc., sound fresh despite their 20-30 year datings. :yes:

Exactly. It's especially noticable in songs I didn't hear when they were new. Manuel Göttsching's Echo Waves does that for me. In fact, I think I'll listen to it now.

It's even great to hear some oldies mixed and respun into new trance. Oakenfold does an excellent mix of Zeppelin's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and Deep Dish does a mix of Boy George's Do You Really Want to Hurt Me, which is not at all like the original... absolutely amazing! :thmbsp:

How about this one? Gigi D'Agostino - The Riddle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrtA69G15zk
 
Back
Top Bottom