• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electronic music for great listening

Letr's whip out a really old band here...

Sigue Sigue Sputnik

Another Oldie...
Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel (or just plain Foetus) (ok, not completely electronic,. but pretty more so than some bands listed here)
 
ok, if you're pulling out the EBM.... and hard core industrial

i'll add ;

Mentat
Funker vogt
nitzer ebb
assemblage 23 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tpkkS612uM&feature=related
clan of xymox
apoptygma berzerk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-9vIZyvTw
covenant
front line assembly
leaether strip
VnV nation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdbbDhY1DY&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sme5EWwFViY&feature=related
I make it a point to see VnV every time they're in town

You mentioned several of my favorites there. I've also seen VNV nation several times.

A few more of my favorites are:

Angels & Agony
Cesium 137
Code 64
Colony 5
De/Vision (I prefer their older stuff, but they still do a good live show)
Frozen Plasma
Iris
Neuroticfish
Provision
Rotersand
Seabound
State of the Union

I'll admit that much of it is an acquired taste, but I enjoy electronic music, and it's nice to listen to something recent that's a little different. I discovered it when I started to get tired of my aging 80's synthpop collection. After years of mostly listening to music from the past, I'm finally looking forward to and buying new releases.
 
Wow, some of you guys are really digging deep pulling out some off-the-beaten-path electronic stuff. I've got a few more to add, including the first track that I remember as the one that hooked me into Electro.

• Company B - Fascinated ← just thinking about this track made me put it on and crank it :D. Hard to believe that this is almost 25 years old!
• New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle ← everything New Order does is awesome, but this track along with the True Faith 12" (amongst many other awesome tracks from Substance 1987 or their respective 12") was what got me into New Order and Depeche Mode too strangely enough. Audio in this video link is actually really nice :thmbsp: Read the comments, this is one of the most loved "dance" songs in the world, I'm sure of it!
• LTJ Bukem - Earth ← fell in love with his "Progression Sessions 3" several years ago and have become a big fan since. This guy is a musical genius!

THC
 
Electronic music (particularly general Trance and a small portion of Dubstep) can be truly awesome. I have a friend who produces trance, he got a summer job and got my K701s for monitoring, a waldorf blofeld synth, M-audio keyboard, cubase, pro tools, fl studio and a tons of other programs, the sounds those things can produce blows me away. A well-produced fl studio project file sounds better to my ears than ANY live or studio recording I've ever heard...It's like hearing it live as the sounds are being produced separately and sent directly through my DAC in pure beautiful waveform. Sorry to rant, but it's awesome.

Amnesia Ibiza!!

+10


I recently ordered Niveau Zero's album "In_Sect" from france...it's the best dubstep I've ever heard, SQ-wise. I finally got my subs to 1.5" excursion with it to!


As for artists-
Armin Van Buuren (particularly the remixes)
Oceanlab
Deadmau5
some Tiesto
some Marcus Schossow
KMFDM
John O' Callaghan
Shane 54
Aruna (her vocals in general)


Some stuff under the Trip-hop genre could be considered electronic as well:
Portishead
Massive Attack
Wax Tailor


Those are just a few of my favorites
 
Interesting stuff. Do these count??

Hooked on Bach
Hooked on Classics
Meco, various releases
I think there was also a Hooked on Jazz
 
ltj bukem, I got an old ming & fs mix with some firm biz & krs one that always puts me in a good spot. Oh and how about some Dj Shadow I mean that man is the best at what he does. Him & cut chemist have a stellar comp as well
 
Last edited:
Short names.....great nights

I'm sure someone around here mentioned shpongle recently.....just slipping my tired eyes at the moment.....younger brother........ott.........eoto..........suba..........sts9..........

What's your favorite gear set-up for DJ friendly music.....????
 
"Electronic" is a large genre containing many sub-genres. I've just compiled an alphabetical list of some artists from a wide swath of the electronic scene that I really enjoy.

Aphex Twin
Autechre
Banco De Gaia
Clan of Xymox
Conjure One
Delerium
Front Line Assembly
The Future Sound Of London
Klinik
Laibach
Lionrock
M83
Meat Beat Manifesto
The Neon Judgement
Nitzer Ebb
Out Hud
Sandals
Sandoz
Skinny Puppy
Test Dept
 
"Electronic" is a large genre containing many sub-genres. I've just compiled an alphabetical list of some artists from a wide swath of the electronic scene that I really enjoy.

Aphex Twin
Autechre
Banco De Gaia
Clan of Xymox
Conjure One
Delerium
Front Line Assembly
The Future Sound Of London
Klinik
Laibach
Lionrock
M83
Meat Beat Manifesto
The Neon Judgement
Nitzer Ebb
Out Hud
Sandals
Sandoz
Skinny Puppy
Test Dept

Nice list, older bands too...

A few to fill in a couple holes..

Front 242
Noise Unit
A Split Second
Fabrikk
Orange Sector


And then I really get into bands like

Caberet Votair
Fad Gadget
Severed Heads
Nocturnal Emissions...

And from there I've gone into Power Noise with bands such as

Xotox
Noisfus-X
Straftanz
Decoded Feedback...

I can keep going on and on...
 
I primarily listen to electronic music. Here are some of my favorites.

Shpongle
Ott
Solar Fields
Entheogenic
HUVA Network
Hol Baumann
Aes Dana
Saafi Brothers
Asura
Shulman
Bluetech
Tripswitch
The Infinity Project
Yggdrasil
Argaman
Younger Brother
Warp Technique
Outersect
Androcell
Amon Tobin
Carbon Based Lifeforms
 
so much good music listed
How could these have been left out??

Phil Kieran
Alloymental
Juno Reactor
Josh Wink
Dubfire
Luciano
Lutzenkirchen
Steve Bug

you should also check out
1200 Micrograms
Infected Mushroom
Liquid Soul
Cosmic Gate
anything by Simon Posford
Reid Speed
Ronski Speed
Talamasca

I could go on, lol
 
One thing Ive noticed about quite a bit of electronica, alot of it is very well engineered. Even though alot of it has no instruments, the soundscapes that are created can literally be beyond belief.
 
Here's one that no one has talked about yet, He's been around since the 60's
"Klaus Schulze" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUCYq2qLxJc
plus..
When i was living in New Zealand this was the only Radio Station i listened to..it started of as a electronica/techno only Station...now has gone a little more main stream
http://www.pulzarfm.co.nz/ they have "live streaming"

My fav' is now Acidhouse , this web site has a ton of free downloads...some tracks up to 2 hrs long
http://www.acid-house.net/
 
Klaus Schulze

This one that has pictures of creatures with saggy asses dancing around on the cover is great:


rsz_p1240603.jpg




...
 
"Electronic" is a large genre containing many sub-genres. I've just compiled an alphabetical list of some artists from a wide swath of the electronic scene that I really enjoy.

Aphex Twin
Autechre
Banco De Gaia
Clan of Xymox
Conjure One
Delerium
Front Line Assembly
The Future Sound Of London
Klinik
Laibach
Lionrock
M83
Meat Beat Manifesto
The Neon Judgement
Nitzer Ebb
Out Hud
Sandals
Sandoz
Skinny Puppy
Test Dept

If industrial is going to be included on the list I second the Skinny Puppy recommendation, and suggest starting with Too Dark Park and/or Last Rites. IMO those are among the best albums of the genre.
 
Back
Top Bottom