• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Faster and less expensive alternative to Starbucks

Register to hide this ad
Hum....I only buy Starbucks whole bean. Am I missing something here? I guess someone doesn't share my taste in coffee. What whole bean do you prefer?
I buy green beans from Burman Coffee. You can choose beans from all around the globe, whatever you prefer.

My preference is for South and Central America, particularly Colombia, Panama, and Brazil. I only buy Arabica beans, no robusta.
 
I only smoke pipe and the occasional cigar.
Does that work?
Seriously I've only had Starbucks one time when I was away from home. It wasn't bad but I'll just stick with homebrew. It's much cheaper and I don't have to drive away from home in lousy weather.
 
Hum....I only buy Starbucks whole bean. Am I missing something here? I guess someone doesn't share my taste in coffee. What whole bean do you prefer?
I do occasionally get Starbucks Sumatra whole bean, I think it's pretty good. We also have small local roasters here so I buy from them as well.
 
I do occasionally get Starbucks Sumatra whole bean, I think it's pretty good. We also have small local roasters here so I buy from them as well.
We used to have a local roaster but a fire ended that. It was so wonderful to go there because they knew their stuff. I had to try the Kopi Luwak there once. One small cup $20. I was afraid it would ruin me for life but nope it was pretty much just coffee. I was really hoping it wouldn't be like the best coffee EVER! Can't afford it.
 
Well, aside from that coffee thing they make a great dairy creamer, Caramel Macchiato (inspired flavor, heh) that makes for an excellent addition to a White Russian, which I now refer to as a Starbucks Russian.
 
I think Starbucks coffee is just OK. Everything I have tried there is darker roast than expected - even their Blond "light" roast. I find the whole experience at their stores a bit pretentious - especially when you order regular coffee. Don't even get me started on the cup sizes.
I try a lot of coffee but tend to gravitate back to Columbian medium roasted. I usually buy whole bean. And drink it with cream and no sugar.
 
I love Starbucks Caffe Verona but I've been buying alternatives lately, The Walmart brand coffees aren't bad and they are about half the price.

I like their French Roast and Expresso Roast.

1788935784389.png

1788935826332.png
 
We have 4 different coffee chains within a 1 mile radius here.
Never been to one and don't anticipate going to one when I can brew my french-roast coffee at home.

Very popular but I don't get it and I'm cheap.
Although, I am contemplating putting my first name and a smiley face on my coffee cup. :)

Good 2012 thread on the same subject (14 years later ago...)
 
Back
Top Bottom