• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$7.00 Starbuck's Coffee

Register to hide this ad
$7 a cup for Starbucks. Or $7.59 for an entire pound of ground coffee from the grocery store...

Hmmmmm.... let me think...... let me think.

Ok. Grocery store wins.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't watch the video at first. That was a hoot! I especially liked the "beany taste" comment.
 
Last edited:
I wonder what they would have charged me for those two espresso's I made myself this morning. Cuban espresso's.
 
I wonder what they would have charged me for those two espresso's I made myself this morning. Cuban espresso's.

Americans have to go to the back alley Starbucks to get those, don't they?

I can still taste the cappuccinos I drank when I was in Cuba. Pair one up with a Cohiba, and you've got heaven.
Sadly the beans I brought back with me were terrible. I just couldn't get a decent cup out of them.
 
Hilarious, if you watch the Jimmy Kimmel bit, the secret of the man-on-the-street taste tests they did... :lmao:
 
Americans have to go to the back alley Starbucks to get those, don't they?

I can still taste the cappuccinos I drank when I was in Cuba. Pair one up with a Cohiba, and you've got heaven.
Sadly the beans I brought back with me were terrible. I just couldn't get a decent cup out of them.

Cuba grows some excellent coffee. A shame Americans are the only people in the world deprived of the freedom to drink it.
 
Cuba grows some excellent coffee. A shame Americans are the only people in the world deprived of the freedom to drink it.

I agree, on the Cuban coffee being excellent. :yes: The first time I had it, was in Miami, in the early '80s. I was like 19 or 20, & I remember thinking the old guy making it was taking WAY too long, & it had to be a joke on me. But man, was it good, and that was my first real caffeine buzz. :D
 
Two things:

One, let's tread very lightly on the political comments, folks.

Two, I get my terrace-grown Costa Rican estate coffee beans from my local roaster, at about $6/lb, so 86¢ per pot. That's for a custom roast. We have a couple of Starbucks, here in Windsor, but I've been to one only once, and not gone back. Certainly no $7/cup coffee for me, from Starbucks.

Sorry, Clay.
 
Actually, this strikes me as hilarious on a couple levels. First off, Starbucks roasts the daylights out of the beans, so what's the point of using good beans if you cook them to death?

Second, loved him using the same coffee in both cups!! :thmbsp: We should do some audio A/B tests the same way. We'd probably get the same results. :lmao:

BTW, I've never had a cup of coffee from Starbuck's I liked. Tolerated, but not liked. I think I've had like 5 in my life....This one won't be #6
 
Second, loved him using the same coffee in both cups!! :thmbsp: We should do some audio A/B tests the same way. We'd probably get the same results. :lmao:

I always wonder when I see things like that, how many people said "Tastes the same to me..." vs. the people like you see in the video. My guess is lots.
Also, who were they? He just mentioned they were walking by, may have never had a good cup of coffee.

I have a Starbucks near me where I buy my beans (Italian Roast), and if I see that expensive coffee I might try it. No biggie.

btw: A cup of regular Starbucks coffee costs about a buck. It seems that every time I see reference to Starbucks they throw out $4 (Kimmel) or $5 / cup or whatever. That's for the gussied up coffee drinks they sell, not coffee. Makes me wonder if the expensive stuff is $7 if you get it in a Frapacinno Supreme or whatever. I doubt even the expensive stuff is $7 for a cup of coffee.
 
With the money I save NOT purchasing Charbucks.....
We have a very nice Technivorm Moccamaster.....and a quality Grinder that allows us to make great coffee at home!

my local roaster charges about $14 American for 12oz whole bean....Pricey for our budget so I usually only splurge for a bag once a month!
 
Funny video!

My daughter brought me back some 100% Costa Rican from when she studied there couple years ago and more recently Ballylongsford brought me back some when he visited there this past summer. Good stuff.

I like and appreciate good coffee. But $7 for a regular cup of joe is ridiculous. I did however, once pay close to $40 for a pound of some fancy estate grown, award wining, 100% organic, 100% Kona peaberry. It smelled incredibly rich, chocolatey with a deep dark color. It tasted like water.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom