• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got a new toy...

Redboy

a few good watts
Well, not new new, but new to me.

Clearaudio Satisfy tonearm, with Ebony shaft...

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8674.jpg
    IMG_8674.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,713
Register to hide this ad
Wow looks great! Hows it sound compared to the Linn?
Right now things sound better than they did with the Akito mounted. There's a little more space and a little more definition to everything. Not huge glaring differences, but subtle, appreciable ones. I don't have a golden ear and I have a hard time describing my listening experience, but right now my system sounds better to me than it ever has!
 
Right now things sound better than they did with the Akito mounted. There's a little more space and a little more definition to everything. Not huge glaring differences, but subtle, appreciable ones. I don't have a golden ear and I have a hard time describing my listening experience, but right now my system sounds better to me than it ever has!
I'm with you on sound descriptions. I just want to say it sounds F'n good:thmbsp:
 
I think you need to send that to me.

(Looks great!)
Sorry Toze, I don't think this one's going anywhere for a looong time. Now, if you needed an Akito arm... :D Actually, I'm trying to find a way to hang on to that one, too. It's a very nice performer.
 
Looks excellent, and hopefully sounds as good as it looks! Whether it sounds as good or better than my 730's poly-graphite tonearm, I can't tell you.

What six-eye Columbia you trying it out with?
 
The only six-eye Columbia I have right now is an Andre Kostelanetz: 'Star-Spangled Marches'. Sidewalk-bought one that's also one of the best used ones I have. Plays damn close to new-press clean and with my system, can blast you outta room! :D
 
Now, if you needed an Akito arm... :D Actually, I'm trying to find a way to hang on to that one, too. It's a very nice performer.

I was going to ask if you were going to send Eric the rest of his table! ;) :D

The Empire is really looking good! If it sounds half as good as it looks, it must
sound pretty amazing! :yes: :thmbsp:

Scott
 
Back
Top Bottom