• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Got a new toy...

The Empire is really looking good! If it sounds half as good as it looks, it must
sound pretty amazing! :yes: :thmbsp:

Scott
Scott, I think it sounds at least half as good as it looks. Now I just need to add to my sorry little vinyl collection...
 
Man thats a fine looking arm hope it sounds even better than it looks!! Sweeeet piece.
 
Very, very nice, Nate! :thmbsp: One of these days I'm gonna have to get a kitchen pass and head your way for a listen. I'll be sure to bring a bib. :drool:
 
Very nice TT sir, but it is awfully depressing to see a tonearm that cost more than my entire system....makes a guy wonder what he's missing...:tears:
either way, jealous or not, that is one SEXY turntable!
 
Very nice TT sir, but it is awfully depressing to see a tonearm that cost more than my entire system....makes a guy wonder what he's missing...:tears:
Don't think about it that way. As long as your system sounds good to you and you're having fun with it, you're on the right track. :yes:

My journey started with a $35 garage sale find two and half years ago and evolved quickly. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff to fund the habit, and have had a lot of fun along the way.

Also, I got the tonearm for what I think was a very good price, given the suggested retail...
 
Very, very nice, Nate! :thmbsp: One of these days I'm gonna have to get a kitchen pass and head your way for a listen. I'll be sure to bring a bib. :drool:
That'd be nice. Based on what I know of your schedule and mine, that day may be a long way off... :sigh:
 
Well, not new new, but new to me.

Clearaudio Satisfy tonearm, with Ebony shaft...

attachment.php

Beautiful setup. Curious how you mounted it. I have 298/208, but with the standard arm. Was it difficult?
 
Beautiful setup. Curious how you mounted it. I have 298/208, but with the standard arm. Was it difficult?
It wasn't too bad, actually. Just some very careful measuring to get the correct spindle to pivot distance. This arm uses a Linn style mount, so I printed a Linn mounting template and drilled the bolt holes very carefully. The bigger column hole is less finicky. I used a stepped bit to drill the larger hole, and you can see in the picture where the previous hole was - the original hole had a mounting distance of 211mm, whereas this arm is at 222mm.

I have plans to fashion a wood plate to cover the exposed holes. Or rather, someone will help me do that..
 
Wow! I expected you to say it was a new record clamp or something as the picture was loading, but that's awesome! Any idea what the mass is?

I can imagine things are sounding very, very nice with that tonearm and a Sonata.
 
Wow! I expected you to say it was a new record clamp or something as the picture was loading, but that's awesome! Any idea what the mass is?

I can imagine things are sounding very, very nice with that tonearm and a Sonata.
Well, the record clamp is pretty new, too... as is the cartridge. New to me, anyway.

The specs list the tonearm weight at 350g. Is that what you're asking about?
 
Back
Top Bottom