• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Grado Hum Database

Grado Reference Master with VPI HW-19mkIV and Audioquest PT9 tonearm and PLC - very mildest of hum, only audible with no record playing and volume above normal listening levels.
 
Dual 1009 w/ Grado Black - no hum
Technics SL-1200 MkII w/ Grado Black - no hum
Technics SL-Q3 w/ Grado Black - no hum
 
Grado Black on ancient AR turntable (no model number, TT-serial number). I hear a slight hum if I crank my volume all the way up with no signal, but it's no louder than what I hear if I do the same thing with the amp on Aux, so I think the verdict is Grado: no hum, POS amp: hum.
 
Update - got a new Reference Master, used with VPI HW19MKIV, Dyna PAS2 into MKIVs, slight hum. A little more than I remember the last one having.
 
Grado Black + Systemdek IIX or Dual 502

Grado Black and Systemdek IIX = a slight hum at the center of the record with the volume cranked!

Grado Black and Dual 502 = NO Hum :)
 
Audio Technica ATPL-120 direct drive (DD) 3 speed turntable with Grado 78c mounted in a Stanton H4S headshell on a soft felt mat spinning 78's with NO HUM :)

Grado Silver on same TT, slight hum. Grado GF3 with new blue stylus on same TT, less than Silver - very slight.

Grado Silver on JVC QL Y5F - no hum. GF3/Blue on JVC QL Y5F no hum.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom