• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Grado Hum Database

Grado Prestige Black w/ LP Gear Audiophile headshell on a Technics SL-1400 no hum:thmbsp:
 
Grado Reference Sonata with Linn LP12 (Hercules power supply) and Ittok LVIII tonearm: No hum.
 
Has Shielding The Motor Been Covered?

I have completely isolated Grado hum with a piece of metal bent as necessary to be between the motor and cartridge. It was an 8MZ and a CJ Sonographe table (like a Sota Comet). It was steel about 1/8" or 3/16".

Questions can email me at rwd1018@hotmail.com as I won't be checking back here.
 
Grado Platinum on ProJect XPression 1.2 No Hum

Grado Gold P-mount on Technics SL-Q200 No Hum
 
Grado Reference Platinum on Pro-Ject RM5: little bit of hum, gets louder towards center.

Sounds so good I don't care.
 
Grado 8MX and Black with Rotel RP-1000, no hum.

Grado 8MX with Rega Planar 2, no hum.
 
This thread is great. I just purchased a Dual CS 503-1 that had many upgrades including new interconnects and 5 way grounding post and when I plugged it in it was humming. Thought it was time for a new amp...


Dual CS 503-1 w/ Grado Green - Hum
 
Linn LP-12, Valhalla power supply, Linn Basik Plus arm, Grado Gold - no hum at normal or even loud volumes, but noticeable hum with volume past 1 o'clock and arm cued up towards center of LP.
 
Linn LP-12, Ittok LVIII arm, Hercules Power Supply, Grado Sonata.

Hum that increases as the cartridge approaches the center of the platter. This hum is motor-dependent (motor turned off = no hum).

Have tried using mu metal to cover the motor, but that does not help.
 
Luxman PD277 with Grado G1 Gold - no hum, sounds wonderful
Dual 1257 with Grado Blue - slight hum in middle area of record side, not so much at beginning or end
 
Back
Top Bottom