• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Harmon Kardon PA2400

fritz69

New Member
Has anybody had musical experience with The HK PA2400 power amp? As I am looking at one on ebay in mint condition. Buy it now price is $690 Aus. Power is 170 watts per channel into 8ohms. I believe Hk built these from 1993-1995. Cheers
 
Register to hide this ad
I ran a 2200 and it did everything it was supposed to do, and nothing it wasn't. I should have kept it.
 
If this is the Signature Series- it's a good one. I have a lowly PA-2100 Signature, which is only 65 watts per channel I believe, but I'm using it as the power amp for my system as it has the best sound out of the 3 other power amps (Onkyo, Soundcraftsmen and Sonance) that I have used in the past.
wizargoz
 
It has been a while since this thread was used and the auction the OP mentioned is certainly gone - but I just found it on a search and figured I'd post anyway.

I probably have the most experience with this series of amplifier as anybody, short of their designers. A few years ago I literally fell into a deal where I picked up a PA 2400 and two (yes, TWO) PA 2200's for a price that was incredible.

I have been nothing but impressed with these amps; they blow everything else I have away and I have yet to hear newer and far more expensive gear (particularly considering the bargain I got) surpass them.

I have used the PA 2400 on its own, which was fantastic. I'd love to find another but they are rare. I currently have it doing other duties and the two PA 2200's monoblocked to my mains; this way the channel separation is slightly better and a bit more power available for instantaneous dynamics.

So to sum up: they are absolutely silent, the auto-standby mode saves power when they aren't in use, and they are probably the best unknown deal in separates when they come up used. I have heard amps that equal their musicality and perhaps surpass it, but not within 7-10x the price I paid.
 
Back
Top Bottom