• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Home-made khorns

Audioiddiot

New Member
I'm using a carver hr-732 to power a set of homade khorns I dont know much about them they sound different and are stupid loud paired with a set of audio pulse dL-12 and a set of kef q50s all of which hi acquired for free
 

Attachments

  • 20210512_124000.jpg
    20210512_124000.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 145
Register to hide this ad
That's about as far from a Klipschorn as I am from being Brad Pitt. But, hey...for free, that's not bad. Would be curious to know what woofer is in there and what it looks like inside.
It's all triangular inside sealed triangle for the Phillips 12 inch woofer from about 1968
 
So it's basically not a horn loaded design at all and is just a woofer firing into the corner of a room using the walls as a boundary effect. A sealed enclosure, really.
 
Here you go guys
 

Attachments

  • 20210513_221157.jpg
    20210513_221157.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210513_221150.jpg
    20210513_221150.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210513_221136.jpg
    20210513_221136.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210513_221054.jpg
    20210513_221054.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210513_221047.jpg
    20210513_221047.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210513_220937.jpg
    20210513_220937.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 89
Guy did some thinking...and thinking... Basshorn w/ St=Sd, straight initial section (pipe), probably his best hack at expo afterward. Suggest to test them in a corner before dispositioning. Can you see any filter values?
 
Last edited:
Guy did some thinking...and thinking... Basshorn w/ St=Sd, straight initial section (pipe), probably his best hack at expo afterward. Suggest to test them in a corner before dispositioning. Can you see any filter values?
No mot that I can see they sound good with power I got to them regardless of where they are but do sound better from behind them ie in the direction of the poit
 
For what they are they sound amazing they were built by a guy here in port alberni bc I got them given to me oh and in now using a new amplifier it's a nikko na-700 II
 
Back
Top Bottom