• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

i emailed the guy about this CL ad

i must be misinterpreting something....

Common law fraud has nine elements:[4][5]
1.a representation of an existing fact;
2.its materiality;
3.its falsity;
4.the speaker's knowledge of its falsity;
5.the speaker's intent that it shall be acted upon by the plaintiff;
6.plaintiff's ignorance of its falsity;
7.plaintiff's reliance on the truth of the representation;
8.plaintiff's right to rely upon it; and
9.consequent damages suffered by plaintiff.

does the white-van speaker-man NOT meet all nine?
 
SELLER:
"LOOK I'M NOT OUT TO SCAM ANYBODY. I HAD THESE HOOKED UP TO MY OWN STEREO TO TEST THEM AND CHECK THEM OUT . I AM VERY SEREIOUS WHEN IT COMES TO SOUND SYSTEMS WHETHER THEY BE IN MY HOME OR MY VEHICLE. I DID GOOGLE IT BECAUSE I NEVER HEARD OF "WHITE VAN" SPEAKERS AND AND THIS MODEL WAS NOT ON THE LIST. IT HAD THE Acoustic Response Series 707, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology, Acoustic 3312 Studio Monitor ON THE LIST BUT THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I DO APPRECIATE IT. I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE AND WOULD BE PISSED IF SOMEBODY MESSED WITH MY MONEY SO I'M NOT TRYING TO MESS WITH ANYBODY ELSE'S MONEY. HAVE A GREAT DAY"
Reply With Quote
Interestingly, when i google "Acoustic Monitor Speakers", the #2 result is the Wiki entry for "White van speaker scam"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

note the #2 entry on their list of brands.
 
i saw a pair of kirsh speakers at the local goodwill for $149.00. and a sold sign on it !

Now that is sad :tears:

I saw a set of "Wahldorf Home Theater" white van speakers in local PTA thrift still sealed with the $2,999 price sticker this week. The thrift folks were clueless and had stuck a printout from the fake website on the box hoping to get $600. I patiently explained to one of the employees about white van but none of the electronic nor administrative folks were there and I don't think the clerk fully understood. My guess is the person who gave them away gleaned a large tax write-off.

Roger
 
White van speakers are speakers and will play music. Whether they sound good is a matter of opinion and the opinion of the seller can never be proven.
 
The pair I have that is very similar to those, rocked many a party. They are just as good as any JVC, Technics, Yamaha, Pioneer, Sansui, Sanyo, Fisher, or any other rack system speakers. The cabinets never fell apart like my brother-in-law's JVC towers that blew the back loose.

The woofer surrounds are foam and original. They gotta be almost 15-20 years old.

One mid did fail, so I replaced them with Parts Express mids. I threw Yamaha crossovers and tweeters in them for fun.

That said, they are good $20 speakers.

Mine.
100_1528.jpg


Rob

They are not going to beat Pioneer HPM 100s. Then again, I'm not sure the HPMs were rack system speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom