• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

is this a new brand of white van?

Register to hide this ad
you bet it is

Looks exactly like all the other white van crap you see around. Flag it and save somebody some heartache.
 
Olin Ross is the brand

it was a brand I never saw before. I thought it looked like cheap white van system.
 
Yes, white van but not the latest name to appear. olin ross has been around for a couple of years- same sweatshop crap as all the others.
 
You know, for a $100 it might be worth getting just to see if it is better than the 2-channel built in system in the tele or to output a netbook to.
 
I bet they would make ok computer speakers. but I am not spending 100 dollars on them. if it was 20 dollars I would think about it.



I am suprized there arnt white computers. we were installing a network and we have 5 extra computers. retailed at 1999.99 by the bar code. then you get home and power it up and and then they have the free os lindows and they are built out of old componets like a PII or a PIII . hehe
 
Last edited:
I am guessing its someone who got stuck and bought it from a white van. normaly they would list a fake msrp in the listing and would be asking for more then 100 if it was someone trying to scam someone. I think they just copied some things off the box.
 
Even if $20 why take the chance on white van speakers? Which have a reputation for sounding like clock radios and possible damage to your system? :scratch2:

On the other hand, I wake up every morning thinking how I'm going piss away my money for the day. I love the smell of white crap in the morning ...

Another give away is never opened or used.

This is still in original box and never used or played.

I won't tell you what the MSRP printed on box is, but I assure you it is much higher then the asking price here.
MSRPs are usually $2-3000. Who in their audiophile mind would leave a 3 grand set of speakers unplayed? If they didn't see value in putting it in their system why would I for $20. :scratch2:

Oh they might tell you they got another system, it was a gift, no room, etc. the usual. :scratch2:

I'll buy no room ... that's a lot of hardware to have to get rid of later.
 
I am guessing its someone who got stuck and bought it from a white van. normaly they would list a fake msrp in the listing and would be asking for more then 100 if it was someone trying to scam someone. I think they just copied some things off the box.

White van sellers try any tactic to make a buck and vary their stories if the first doesn't. Throw out what sticks to the wall. Printing the MSRP probably got them too many questions where they had to think of more lies to explain why they were never used.

Even at $100 they are probably making money. Who believes the seller actually paid $3000 wholesale?

And if you got stuck with them because you found they were crap, would you sell them for $100? And tell people on craigslist you never opened or used them?

The ad stinks. imho. But that's why it's a free market for those who want to buy. With only caveat emptor as the responsibility of the buyer.
 
I bought that exact system from a guy that got scammed. You could find the thread.

I think I paid $20.

I gave it to my nephew for his playstation/xbox. It has a built in tuner.

It sounds good, and it still works.

For $20, it is a good deal. Sounds as good as my sons Kenwood surround on his xbox.

Rob
 
ibelive that olin ross is actualy the importer and us dist. for most white van sellers.

these products being sold under their name to keep their business license
 
Back
Top Bottom