• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

I. Neil Peart of Rush passes Away at 67

I always referred to Peart as the human time machine. Imaginative, soulful, listened to what the others were doing, awesome lyricist and always had perfect time. Saw them the first time on their Hemispheres tour then their next four tours. He was such a inspiration to my musical journey. I credit him for getting me into Jazz because in an article he said he was currently listening to Gamalon and Weather Report so off to the record store I went. Tonight I am going to have to play Xanadu, Villa La Strangiato, The Camera Eye, Lakeside Park ...aw who am I kinding I will play the whole albums like I always do.
"Not too far from where he was born, not too far from here as a matter of fact..."
 
Playing Retrospective 2 in its entirety

nhJiwlw.png
 
Only the good, or in this case, phenomenal, die young. What a bummer. Even though i wasn't a huge Rush fan, he was my drumming idol. A true musician on the drums. RIP. :-(
 
Gordon, Having 100,000 fans screaming the melody and jumping in unison to an instrumental must of been a....RUSH. I first saw a clip of that crowd in their Netflix Documentary but what you posted is the first time I saw how crazy that really was.
 
I'm a Moon fan. That being said, one cannot deny the prowess of Peart's playing. Fly By Night remains my all time favorite drum song.

I think I shall spin it in his honor.
 
Absolutely Gobsmacked. Profoundly sad.

Prayers and condolences to Neil's family, Geddy and Alex and the entire Rush family.

What will we do without the new guy around?

Neil. It has been a privilege to experience your music, words and performances. Thank you.

RIP Professor.
 
Last edited:
Very sad news indeed. An amazing talent, his legacy will live on in their music.

Thank you and RIP, Neal.
 
Back
Top Bottom