Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
I only got to see Rush once, and that was their first New York City gig when they opened for Foghat at The Palladium on 14th street. That had to be back in '76, I knew then that I had seen a massive talent in Mr. Peart.
I only got to see Rush once, and that was their first New York City gig when they opened for Foghat at The Palladium on 14th street. That had to be back in '76, I knew then that I had seen a massive talent in Mr. Peart.
@Jenkster I hate to say it but Foghat seemed slow and plodding following Rush's rip the cover off the ball approach. You could tell they were amped up to play the Big Apple and half the audience was there to see Rush, not Foghat.
@Jenkster I hate to say it but Foghat seemed slow and plodding following Rush's rip the cover off the ball approach. You could tell they were amped up to play the Big Apple and half the audience was there to see Rush, not Foghat.
I am certainly not surprised at that. One gauge I use in evaluating the musicianship of a particular band is how many “Garage Bands” cover their songs. You don’t hear too many covering Rush songs. As I recall, a hack band I was in several years ago pulled off a couple of Foghat tunes. I know Fool for the City was one, don’t recall the other.
I am certainly not surprised at that. One gauge I use in evaluating the musicianship of a particular band is how many “Garage Bands” cover their songs. You don’t hear too many covering Rush songs. As I recall, a hack band I was in several years ago pulled off a couple of Foghat tunes. I know Fool for the City was one, don’t recall the other.
I’ve been reflecting back around the time of Neil’s passing. I listened to nothing but Rush for two months straight. First on SiriusXM when Deep Tracks was playing all Rush, then I listened to all 19 studio albums and the live lateral, accessed live performances on YouTube. I think I was just very distraught because of the roll that band played in my life.
Neil was the heartbeat of Rush, a band greater than the sum of its parts. Rush was the perfect setting for him to grow and shine in full glory with perfect symmetry amongst equals, Rush was Geddy, Neil, Alex, together.