• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

imral3's system progression - aka - new house, new listening room

Hey, man... The ModiBit is made only in silver. What's a girl to do? :dunno::rflmao:
It probably does. If it is not available they are pretty good about taking off as an option. When I bought my Saga I called because all they had was Silver listed. They called me the next day and said they one black one.

Glad your liking it
 
It probably does. If it is not available they are pretty good about taking off as an option. When I bought my Saga I called because all they had was Silver listed. They called me the next day and said they one black one.

Glad your liking it
Thanks, bro! Yeah, today was a good music day. I didn't even think to ask about the color. They've always gotten back to me quickly on other questions. I tend to close my eyes when I listen in my darkened room anyway. Lol!
 
Played with REW, miniDSP and PEQs for the first time today. High-tech mic holder:
20211202_120434.jpg
Was able to stumble my way around enough in the programs to smooth out the bass a bit. Amazed at how minor adjustments to the lower frequencies (subs only) make a great impact upon the upper frequencies, too. Again, I'm pleased with my 1st jump into REW.
 
Played with REW, miniDSP and PEQs for the first time today. High-tech mic holder:
View attachment 2410557
Was able to stumble my way around enough in the programs to smooth out the bass a bit. Amazed at how minor adjustments to the lower frequencies (subs only) make a great impact upon the upper frequencies, too. Again, I'm pleased with my 1st jump into REW.

REW and a mindsp? You have gone to the dark side.
 
My first dabblings with MSO (MultiSub Optimizer)... and of course REW and the miniDSP to take better control of the subs.
Screenshot 2021-12-13 165502.png
The bottom traces are the MSO optimized calculations - the top are the original measurements using REW and UMIK-1.
This is some fun stuff!! :banana::banana::banana:
 
My first dabblings with MSO (MultiSub Optimizer)... and of course REW and the miniDSP to take better control of the subs.
View attachment 2421301
The bottom traces are the MSO optimized calculations - the top are the original measurements using REW and UMIK-1.
This is some fun stuff!! :banana::banana::banana:
Yes it is. I have REW and Smaart and both work well. With the Smaart is a somewhat more complicated to use but it measures your response in real time. Then again I use it mainly for PA system alignment on my side gigs.

What is your level reference when you did the measurement?
 
Another afternoon running more optimizations in MSO. Added more PEQs, gain matching, and time delays for each of the four subs. Loaded it all into the miniDSP and will do some listening tomorrow. I hope to get an in-room measurement within a week or so.

Enjoy the musics!!
Ray
 
Regarding the miniDSP I'm just starting to use it to it's full potential for the subs only. It works well and is easy to use, including the program, too. There's better options for sure but, this is what I "thought" I needed when I bought it almost 2 years ago. So, I'm gonna use it. Lol.
 
Not sure how good or bad this is but here is my room measured from listening position 20hz to 20khz - graph with variable smoothing:
in room 20-20k var smoothing 80hz sub crossover.png
Subs crossed over (or under) at 80hz - speakers running their full range. More work to be done for sure.

Enjoy the musics!!
Ray
 
Not bad past 1.5k but below 200hz seem to be very erratic.
Yeah, main speakers are doing something screwy below 100hz. Today I started fresh: clean install of REW and thorough Windows setup; new, separate measurements of speakers and subs; still massaging the data in MSO before export/import into miniDSP.
Hopefully new in-room measurements tomorrow will look/sound better. Right now the Sixers are on...
79f9ffae963a5d4f4001744863dced1b.jpg
 
In-room measurement from today:
in room 15-20k var smoothing 80hz xover miniDSPC2.png
Leveled mains with subs a little better, still some issues for another day.
 
Back
Top Bottom