• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

imral3's system progression - aka - new house, new listening room

When the audio output from multiple subs is combined it does sound effortless. I use two subs for two channel and add three more for HT/MC. My CC speaker has it's own dedicated subwoofer.

IME, when a system must serve for both music and video, making it sound good for two channel is the first objective. Once that's accomplished you then add HT/MC capability. I also throw a blanket over the TV when listening.
 
My system is 100% two channel music. Unfortunately (for now) the TV must reside in the same space. It has a cheap, separate 5.1 sound bar and wireless sub/surround system for TV and movies. It does the trick for that. The blanket is a must! Lol!
Enjoy the musics!!
Ray
 
Quad subs? How did you align your subs? Thanks. Nice system by the way.
Screenshot_20210701-142453_Photos.jpg
Blue squares = subwoofers.
Red rectangles = speakers.
Green square = listening chair.

Thanks for the compliment!
Enjoy the musics!!
Ray

Edit: not drawn to scale. Lol.
 
Enjoyable thread. I'm curious how the four subs are wired.

I added a single sub (12") to my 2 channel setup, and the bass is more than sufficient, given the PS1400s each have a 14" driver.
 
Thanks. RCA splitters off of preamp to main amps and also the miniDSP which crosses the subs at 75hz and sums R+L signals. Each sub has its own RCA cable from the miniDSP. Basically the four subs are acting as one sub with the room.
 
Thanks. RCA splitters off of preamp to main amps and also the miniDSP which crosses the subs at 75hz and sums R+L signals. Each sub has its own RCA cable from the miniDSP. Basically the four subs are acting as one sub with the room.

I do somewhat the same. The major difference is, each of my 5 speakers has it's own powered (external amplifier) subwoofer. For two channel material I use 2 + 2. For HT/surround 5 + 5 are used. I use a calibrated mic and a DSP to calibrate the front subs. The other three are handled by the DSP in my pre-pro.
 
I do somewhat the same. The major difference is, each of my 5 speakers has it's own powered (external amplifier) subwoofer. For two channel material I use 2 + 2. For HT/surround 5 + 5 are used. I use a calibrated mic and a DSP to calibrate the front subs. The other three are handled by the DSP in my pre-pro.
Wow! I bet it sounds great!
 
Those Polks were sweet.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I would have suggested that you get the Polk Audio Signature S60 in order to eliminate the need for the subs.

I used to have the entire Andrew Johnson Pioneer set and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I hated every minute of owning these speakers. Those subs, do not reproduce low frequency as the S60 and in addition the S60 could go lower.

Soundork
 
Those Polks were sweet.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I would have suggested that you get the Polk Audio Signature S60 in order to eliminate the need for the subs.

I used to have the entire Andrew Johnson Pioneer set and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I hated every minute of owning these speakers. Those subs, do not reproduce low frequency as the S60 and in addition the S60 could go lower.

Soundork
Keep reading... the Polks and Pioneers are gone. Lol!
 
No chips?
I have plenty. Potato with ridges, tortilla, nacho cheese... Oh wait. You mean... ahhh. Lol. That would be my best guess. Meanwhile, I tilted my speakers back a tiny bit and the soundstage increased in both height (which I've been struggling with) and surprisingly width. Sometimes it's the simplest things!?!
 
This Schiit is bananas!!! :banana:
20210930_131520.jpg
Early indications are it's a keeper. I was a bit skeptical or leery that it would sound any different, let alone better, than the Modi3. The best way to describe it is it just sounds more righter. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom