• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4312A or JBL L100 Century, What is better?

juvansi

New Member
I need to buy some speakers and this offered me:

JBL 4312A 275 USD
JBL L 100 CENTURY 500 USD

In Audio quality, what is better?

Thaks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Probably the 4312A. It has a better tweeter and the cabinet driver layouts are mirror imaged. Everything else is quite similar to the L100 and 4311 series. I had a pair of 4311's for 20 years. They were good rock speakers but I moved on.
 
The 4312 series ranks as one of my favorite all time speakers. So I'm gonna have to go with the 4312's.
 
4312s seem to have come in a lot of different types. Which kind are these? I believe I have seen some 4312s with LE25 cone tweeters like the L100s (and 4311s), and others with dome tweeters .... 035s maybe?

If they have LE25 cone tweeters, then I have to think that possibly except for the crossovers, they're going to be pretty similar to the 4311s and L100s.

But either way, I'd take them over the L100s.
 
Last edited:
had both,4312a's are very accurate speakers,being studio monitor types placement is critical tho.id go with the the 4312's plus thats a good price..
 
4312s seem to have come in a lot of different types. Which kind are these? I believe I have seen some 4312s with LE25 cone tweeters like the L100s (and 4311s), and others with dome tweeters .... 035s maybe?

If they have LE25 cone tweeters, then I have to think that possibly except for the crossovers, they're going to be pretty similar to the 4311s and L100s.

But either way, I'd take them over the L100s.

I would not pass up a good deal on L100's but it would just be to compare them to my L100T3's for a few days...

4312A has the 035Ti tweeter, along with 4412.

4312 has the cone type tweet, see here:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/pro-speakers/1983-4312.htm

I much prefer the 4411 with the 044 dome tweet or the 4412A with the 052Ti dome tweet and improved mid, 104H-2. Those are sweet! Mostly it's the mirror imaging that does it for me though, even with my eyes closed and the grilles on, I still hear the lack of it when comparing my 4412A's to my L166's.
 
L100s are over priced at $500, but they are still good speakers... Nice bass! I just got a pair last week, haven't had time to listen to them much yet but I like them. For the above choices though, the 4312 is a no brainer, even though I've never heard them.
 
Are they both walnut cab, or are the 4312A the utility cab version?

Either way the 4312A probably wins esp. given the price difference, in any kind of condition they routinely sell for $600 and up, and I'd pick 'em to listen to over the L100 too.

John
 
I would not pass up a good deal on L100's but it would just be to compare them to my L100T3's for a few days...

4312A has the 035Ti tweeter, along with 4412.

4312 has the cone type tweet, see here:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/pro-speakers/1983-4312.htm

I much prefer the 4411 with the 044 dome tweet or the 4412A with the 052Ti dome tweet and improved mid, 104H-2. Those are sweet! Mostly it's the mirror imaging that does it for me though, even with my eyes closed and the grilles on, I still hear the lack of it when comparing my 4412A's to my L166's.

Cool; thanks for clearing up my confusion; that's been puzzling me for awhile.
 
Back
Top Bottom