Every school auction I've been to, most items have gone in the $5-20 range. At least around me (New England), these auctions tend to be poorly promoted and never get a crowd. I think once I had someone bidding against me on audio gear. Hopefully you will have the same experience.
Wish it would have been this way but it seems all the ebay guys were out in full force today. I waited around for a few hours because the two items I had interest in were after over 100 lots. The auctioneer told everyone how quick it was going to go and how when we got to the actual warehouse (there was stuff outside too) it would be over in about 30 minutes..WRONG. More like 3 hours and HOT too. No fan, nothing. Surprised no one fainted.
But finally he got to the electronics. The Dell laptops went for about $60-80, Infocus, Sharp and other projecter about same price range, s-vhs vcr like $7, some big lots including Yamaha cdx-930, kx-930, Bogen SS amp, etc. I could have gotten some great deals on the electronic items people weren't really bidding on but I was on a limited budget and wanted the JBL's on top of anything else. Finally he got to the large University speaker (single, very old & large), a few bids back and forth, guy won it for $50. Probably flip it for considerably more. Then a few more odd lots before the 4410's. Here goes nothing. I figure I would wait it out, feel where it's going, how high. Well it just kept climbing all the way up to $110. My max was $55, I just didn't have any more to spend. I was upset, especially after such a long wait. The speakers were absolutely mint too. Only one woofer had rotted surround. Cabinets were absolutely pristine, grills, fronts, even bottoms.
One thing that does really tick me off aside from not getting the JBL's is earlier when I first viewed them and saw their great condition the other woofer surround was perfect, not a thing wrong. I walked around the warehouse a few times, came back to look once more and the friggin surround had a big hole in it. I tried to understand why someone would do such a thing. It had to be intentional and they left the grills off so both woofers would be seen. It really annoyed me someone needs to do that so they can have a better chance of winning an auction. I even noticed later that someone moved one of the grills to the side hidden behind something to make it look like one was missing, almost so that someone would say, oh no that grill is gone, I'm not going to bid giving the jerk who moved it a better chance of winning.
Overall though an interesting and fun experience and I did meet some ebay sellers. One guy whom I always see his auctions on ebay, lots of good vintage stuff. In fact he won the University speaker.