• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL's

dobyman

Turntable Addict
Going to an estate sale Saturday AM. They have a pair of JBL L100's there. Any idea what they are worth? Ebay says $200-$1300. What am I looking for except cabinet condition and woofer foam?
 
Register to hide this ad
Condition is one of the main things. If they have the original grills, that's a plus. Price wise, it's a rainbow.
 
Depends upon condition.
If in good condition except needing foam, $3-400.
If cabs trashed, missing grills etc... 1/2 that.
 
Going to an estate sale Saturday AM. They have a pair of JBL L100's there. Any idea what they are worth? Ebay says $200-$1300. What am I looking for except cabinet condition and woofer foam?

Get there at 5am, if you ant them. Trust me on this. The audio flippers will arrive at 5:30-6am. Most versions of the L100's have accordion surround, not foam, right? And value is usually $400-$800, with the $200 sales being lucky buyers or destroyed cabinets. The $1300 pairs will be overseas buyers or super-mint pairs with original paperwork and boxes.
 
AHhhhhhh thanks to all! I know I will be there by 4am just to get a number. We will see what happens. This company is usually pretty pricey, so it will probably be a waste of time, but then that's half the fun. Ill let you know Saturday afternoon.
Thanks again! :thmbsp:
 
The estate sale companies (two) around here seem to be aware that some old stereo equipment is worth money, but they still don't know which or how much. As a result, 99% of the local estate sales will have something like a bottom of the line 1984 Sanyo system offered for $300, but at the 1% of sales with something that is actually worth a bundle they may well underprice it.
 
Personally, I would not pay more than $300-$350 for a very nice pair. I have had them before and not sure what all the praise is about? I guess it is nostalgia or reliving your college days.
 
Do you LIKE the sound of the L100 speakers?
They do have a decent resale if you get them cheaply enough you are willing to ship.
I make no judgement, but they have a bass emphasized "fake" sound that is very appealing in some circles and despised in others (New England sound folks).
 
Last edited:
Personally, I would not pay more than $300-$350 for a very nice pair. I have had them before and not sure what all the praise is about? I guess it is nostalgia or reliving your college days.
Circa 1975 i cut my audio teeth on four L100's and Marantz 4400. While i have some fond memories, that system was replaced by Accuphase C-200/P-300 and Cornwalls in 1976. Cornies only lasted a few weeks, before they were replaced by the newly introduced Infinity QLS-1's. I can't picture myself buying L100's for anything other than a flip. But, if you know where there's a nice pair of QLS-1's........................... :D
 
Personally, I would not pay more than $300-$350 for a very nice pair. I have had them before and not sure what all the praise is about? I guess it is nostalgia or reliving your college days.

Glad you said 'Personally'... to each his own...
 
AHhhhhhh thanks to all! I know I will be there by 4am just to get a number.

I know some flippers here who get there earlier like that if they see something they want.
Years ago...(I never go to estate sales to wait anymore) I went 2 hours before they opened to get 1st dibs on a really nice amp.
What a joke, I was behind 10 guys and 1st 3 were regular flippers. :eek:
Obviously, I returned empty handed wasting 2 hours of my time.
 
I just talked to the guy that runs the sale and they are JBL L100-T3's. Not the older ones. These are floor models. Cant find anything on ebay to get a price.
 
I sold my refoamed L100t (not t3) without grills and some cabinet damage for $360.

attachment.php
 
These are supposed to be mint, and they have the grills and original boxes too. He's marked them at $225.
 
Back
Top Bottom