• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jbl 4430

hi, thank you you have been very kind, now I see to finish the restoration of these 4430 ... this bass is not very good for now, there is a lot but it is not nice ...
 
You're very welcome! Did you see this thread?

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-4430-and-4435-cheat-sheet.673961/

In my opinion, bypassing the biamp switch is the single biggest upgrade (followed by Radian diaphragms in the horns). The biamp switch is a piece of crap that oxidizes badly and dramatically impairs the bass response. You should enjoy much better bass without it. See thread here:

https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/cheap-and-pretty-easy-jbl-4430-upgrade.537606/
 
Andrea, did you ever get your poor bass problem with your 4430’s sorted out? They should never have a problem with bass output.

The first thing I would look for is either the amp to speaker is wrong polarity to one channel, or one of the woofers is mid-wired so it it out of phase with the other channel.
 
Andrea,

The bass ports should go in the middle like it is pictured in your avatar?

I just setup mine but I have them the other way.
 
Back
Top Bottom