• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just got pounded. (Hail)

Well, it came back last night and this time I did get hit pretty hard. Calling USAA today. I got a new roof 9 months ago from the last storm, so we'll see about this one. At least the tornado producing part of the storm stayed to the east of me. They had baseball size hail out there.
 
Well, it came back last night and this time I did get hit pretty hard. Calling USAA today. I got a new roof 9 months ago from the last storm, so we'll see about this one. At least the tornado producing part of the storm stayed to the east of me. They had baseball size hail out there.

It missed me last night but got a few of the co-workers. One has a broken windshield and big dents in his truck. He said it was tennis ball sized.:yikes:
 
These clouds were on their way to cause havoc somewhere to the south and east of me last night around 8:15PM.

I didn't get anything 'til 0100 this AM. The sky lit up and opened up...a real gully washer:yes:. Preston

3vjg6.jpg
 
A few years ago there was a couple driving across America from Maryland. They mentioned one of the things they really wanted to see were some really big thunderstorms. They were on I-40 in Texas when they got their wish, and softball sized hail destroyed their car. The hood was pounded down onto the engine so tightly it was like it had been formed in a press, and the rest of the car was just shredded.

I saw a car at a wrecking yard that had been reduced in length, height and width by several inches. All of the dashboard glass was broken and the instruments smashed. Five minutes in a really serious hailstorm did this. I was told that the driver only survived by crawling underneath the car but he still required hospitalization.
 
These clouds were on their way to cause havoc somewhere to the south and east of me last night around 8:15PM.

I didn't get anything 'til 0100 this AM. The sky lit up and opened up...a real gully washer:yes:. Preston

3vjg6.jpg

Mammatocumulus (or cumulomammatus, take your pick) clouds are almost always the sign of a dying storm rather than a forming one. Happens when the big vertices break up into lots of little ones.
 
Mammatocumulus (or cumulomammatus, take your pick) clouds are almost always the sign of a dying storm rather than a forming one. Happens when the big vertices break up into lots of little ones.

Thanks, I didn't know that...good to know.

I see these type of clouds and where I live the storms can roll in off the foothills/Palmer Divide or the plains. It's kind of like they swirl:scratch2:. Even after living here fourteen years, for me, the weather patterns are unpredictable. Preston
 
Back
Top Bottom