• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lets See All Them Axes

" And now for something completely different" here are some of my new exploratory guitars. Enjoy and I also have a couple Les Paul Reissues as well. Here they are/ Scottsmrnyc
 
My Dad recently passed away. I now have his old guitar, a 1962 Gibson Hummingbird with maples sides & back. I took it to the local guitar shop and the neck checked out fine, no warping or misalignment.

Now the challenge is to learn how to play it. :music:

I would love to have one of these. That is super sweet.
 
The latest patient on the operating table...a '72 Gibson SG. Fire-breathing DiMarzios are coming out, neck pickup will now be a chrome Gibson T-Top from ~'65-'75 (should be what this guitar originally came with) and lead will be a Duncan Custom with a Gibson chrome cover. The two mini-switches will be a phase switch and a series/parallel switch for the Duncan. Should be very nice when all done.

Oh, yeah, and the back of the neck had years of furniture polish & wax applied...that could be a challenge to remove. Any suggestions appreciated.

je
 

Attachments

  • 72 SG.jpg
    72 SG.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 38
My Martin Sigma D-10 Anniversary - Only 100 Produced

MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary002.jpg


MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary008.jpg


MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary006.jpg


MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary005.jpg


MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary004.jpg


MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary003.jpg


MartinSigmaD-10Anniversary010.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here's a few of mine:

DSCF0102.jpg

Squier Strat SE w/GFS Lil' Killer Pickups, Wilkinson Trem & GFS Locking tuners
DSCF0101.jpg

MIK VN5 Squier Strat w/Mighty Mite loaded pickguard, Wilkinson Trem & Sperzel locking tuners
DSCF0108.jpg

Hohner Countryman
DSCF0106.jpg

Epiphone SG-400
DSCF0103.jpg

"Gilmourized" MIK CN4 Squier Strat w/GFS Premium Texas Stagger Alnico pickups, GFS MIM/Import upgrade vintage style trem & Wilkinson vintage-Kluson style tuners
DSCF0105.jpg

Strat I built in 1987 w/Chandler of SF body & neck, DiMarzio Megadrive & EMG Select pickups, hard tail brass bridge & Sperzel locking tuners
DSCF0107.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
 
My Fenders:

DSC_0009.jpg

Coronado II, American Standard, Deluxe "Mary Kay," Double Fat and Coronado I. Deluxe Telecaster in the foreground.
Karl
 
Your SG looks like my '65 SG Special,except I'm useing a P-90 in the bridge position.Unfortunately mine was broken at the neck/body area due to sellor packing.Got it squared away and its a killer axe.I hope this market improves as I want to sell a few.
 
LOVE the guitar...as well as the Carr Mercury! I am a big fan of Steve's amps...in addition to a Mercury, I also have a Rambler and an El Moto head (I just wish I could play out enough to use the El Moto more - it is just a beast!).
 
I've wheeled & dealed for a bunch more guitars since I last posted, here's a couple pics of the newcomers (some projects, not quite stage-worthy yet).

Epiphone Jr.- the one on the right is mine, the one on the left belongs to the songwriter I've been working with since the '80s. This one arrived in pieces, with the neck & body in one hand & a big Ziploc bag of parts in the other- it's already done recording sessions & gigged, in June & November:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0305a (Large).JPG
    IMG_0305a (Large).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 25
A Vantage VS600B, medium-scale bass...bad bridge (& other issues) when I got it, Epiphone bridge replaced it & it gigged in November:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2337 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2337 (Large).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 76006_1321691581420_1804759207_621347_1224833_n.jpg
    76006_1321691581420_1804759207_621347_1224833_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13
Late '60s Kalamazoo KG2A- multiple issues, but on its way back to fun & funkiness:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2343 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2343 (Large).JPG
    31 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2344 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2344 (Large).JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 11
1983 Vantage Avenger AV330, and 1982 Avenger AV325 project:
 

Attachments

  • AV330scarf (Large).JPG
    AV330scarf (Large).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • Vantage guitar (Large).jpg
    Vantage guitar (Large).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
First Act WalMart special, customized for a friend & presented as a gift during a show (these things sold for ~$38 a piece during close-out sales):
 

Attachments

  • 52 (Large).jpg
    52 (Large).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 38
My Zions

I noticed no one has posted any of these so here are some:
DSC_0016-1.jpg

From left - Radicaster, Bent T, and the rest are classics with various necks, tremelos and pickup types.
Karl
 
Back
Top Bottom