• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lets See All Them Axes

:guitar: I Sold a couple amps n guitars, but we have 42 guitars left. My FAV is the KAY Red Devil (Eric Clapton used one just like it in his early days). I also have guitars for my Daughter (the perple Strat) and have a couple without strings that Im still working on.... I LOVE them ALL...MJ:guitar:

Very nice - when I reached the three dozen mark, I realized I just couldn't keep them all ready to play at once. Too much maintaining, not enough playing. I trimmed down below 20 and it's much easier to manage, but I miss many of the ones that have gone away. :tears:

Nice assortment, some real interesting toys there.

je
 
Whoa......nice collection!!

Just curious?
What's the red, double cut-out, that's between the Strat and the SG?

Steve
 
Thats a real old KAY

Whoa......nice collection!!

Just curious?
What's the red, double cut-out, that's between the Strat and the SG?

Steve

A real old semi hollow KAY RED DEVIL ( Eric Clapton used one LONG time ago) I will get the year and let a know, Late 50s , early 60s I believe BTW THATS my FAVORITE one, LOVE the sound, sweet sounding guitar, As fazr as the acostics go, Ive got a old CONN, thats my Fav Acostic.... and thanks.... MJ took YEARS to get all of them....:thmbsp:
 
Here are my 2 guitars. The quilted Maple one is a Charvel San Dimas 4
It is a pretty rare guitar that sold in the mid 90's and was the top of their line that was made in the USA. It's original msrp was IIRC $2400.


068.jpg
 
She's plain, but she's survived almost 70 years in excellent condition. Even the pots are clean. 1940/41 National "Chicago":
chicago_electric_spanish_guitar_733g_frontback.jpg


It's the type example on this National page, though they seem to think the finish has been stripped and I can't convince them otherwise. It's never been touched. http://www.notecannons.com/
 
There's been a few others over the years, but here's 3 of the 4 I have now...

Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior:

attachment.php


I've owned the Aria since new (1985) and will never part with it.
Yngwie Malmsteen played one of these while in the band "Alcatrazz".

Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC-247:

attachment.php


Also owned since new (early 90's). Fastest acoustic neck. Period.

Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry:

attachment.php


Picked this up at Rondo when they still had the brick-n-mortar.
Intonation was tricky to get right, but she growls like a Les Paul. :guitar:

I also have a Fender CG-5 classical around here somewhere.

Oops, forgot the desktop man-cave rack...

attachment.php


:thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • aria.jpg
    aria.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 325
  • ovation.jpg
    ovation.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 329
  • agile.jpg
    agile.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 332
  • rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 322
Did Kurt close the store? :no:

J.R.

Yeah... at least a year ago, if not two. He runs the whole internet/ebay business out of somewhere in New England now. Sucks that the store is gone (there was all kinda eye candy in there), but it looks like he's doing just fine without it - the Agiles sell out very quickly.
 
There's been a few others over the years, but here's 3 of the 4 I have now...

Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior:


I've owned the Aria since new (1985) and will never part with it.
Yngwie Malmsteen played one of these while in the band "Alcatrazz".

:thmbsp:

Nice Aria. Have you checked out the Matsumoku forum? I scanned a bunch of old ads & reviews & posted them there.

je
 

Attachments

  • AriaWarrior (Large).jpg
    AriaWarrior (Large).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 35
She's plain, but she's survived almost 70 years in excellent condition. Even the pots are clean. 1940/41 National "Chicago":
chicago_electric_spanish_guitar_733g_frontback.jpg


It's the type example on this National page, though they seem to think the finish has been stripped and I can't convince them otherwise. It's never been touched. http://www.notecannons.com/

That is one very cool guitar. I want one. :yes:
 
Nice Aria. Have you checked out the Matsumoku forum? I scanned a bunch of old ads & reviews & posted them there.

Yes, in fact I just recently discovered that site. Great job on the scans. :thmbsp:

Gotta love the 80's, eh? -

attachment.php


:smoke:
 

Attachments

  • KW.jpg
    KW.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 300
That is one very cool guitar. I want one. :yes:

Since that picture, I finally got around to installing new tuning pegs on the original Kluson open-plate tuners and restringing it. Now I just need to learn how to play...
 
Yes, in fact I just recently discovered that site. Great job on the scans. :thmbsp:

Gotta love the 80's, eh? -


:smoke:

Introduce yourself there, if you haven't already. I'm one of the mods, but more Vantage than Aria experience here. Only one Aria in the house right now, but 5 or 6 Vantages.

je (aka "Squid Head")
 
My babies!!!

Phoenix (Tokai, circa 1984), Squier (SQ ser., 1984), 52 (RI, 2004).:)
 

Attachments

  • Tele001b.jpg
    Tele001b.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 50
My James DeCava Luthiered Solid Body Ten String

I am waiting to take dilivery of a DeCava Ten String Solid Body Doubleneck any day now. That's Twenty Strings in all. Don't laugh, as it makes sense from a improvisational standpoint. Scottsmrnyc
 

Attachments

  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 54
Michael McBroom Luthiered Classical Ten String Guitar

This is my McBroom Luthiered Classical Ten String Guitar. Michael is a luthier from Huston, Texas. He is a genius and has reason prices for the guitars he builds. He is also building me a Concert Model Classical Ten String guitar.

Scottsmrnyc
 
Other Guitars

Include- Gibson 1957 Custom Reissue,
Gibson 1959 Reissue
Ramirez R3 Nylon
Ovation Acoustic Electric Doubleneck
DeCava Solid Body Ten String Electric
DeCava Solid Body Doubleneck Ten String Electric Soon!
McBroom Classical Ten String
McBroom Concert Classical Ten String

Website Explorationproj.com

Scottsmrnyc- Just enjoying listening to music and playing music.
 
A real old semi hollow KAY RED DEVIL ( Eric Clapton used one LONG time ago) I will get the year and let a know, Late 50s , early 60s I believe BTW THATS my FAVORITE one, LOVE the sound, sweet sounding guitar, As fazr as the acostics go, Ive got a old CONN, thats my Fav Acostic.... and thanks.... MJ took YEARS to get all of them....:thmbsp:

I found the # for the Guitar, the NICKNAME was RED DEVIL, BUT the model # is K592 made in 1964 by Kay, the other old red one is a early Gibson made in Kalamazoo Mich, It is the KG! by Kalamazoo (Gibson) and is perfect. I have 4 Bass guitars that I cant Identify as of yet. 2 look like VERY old Fenders, 1 looks like an SG and the last is an Old 50s or 60s Washburn, I believe. Ill get some close up pics, and maybe someone could help me Identify them. I also got in the "deal" 3 classical acostics, 1 from france in the late 1800s, 1 from Italy and the last I have NO clue. See a buddy offered me 9 guitars for $500, 2 Being Feder Strats, 1 American1 Mex, So I said sure...anyone whold haveAlso included was a Ovation With hardshell case, (thats the gray Ovation) we called Ovation with all the numbers and the said that it was a Special made 1 off (the color) and I forget the model # of that one. But I reallly got a deal. thanks ...MJ...:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom