• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lets See All Them Axes

This is all I have...
P1010143.jpg
 
My baby, a 1965 (august) Epiphone Sorento. From what Ive learned, the Gibson factory suffered a fire in the early 60's, and most of the employees started Epiphone, basically using the plans from gibson, and later it was sold to a japanese owner. Correct me if im wrong.
this was given to me by the owner of a gibson es340 who was tired of me playing his guitar all the time, lol
 

Attachments

  • 100_2458.jpg
    100_2458.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 42
My baby, a 1965 (august) Epiphone Sorento. From what Ive learned, the Gibson factory suffered a fire in the early 60's, and most of the employees started Epiphone, basically using the plans from gibson, and later it was sold to a japanese owner. Correct me if im wrong.
this was given to me by the owner of a gibson es340 who was tired of me playing his guitar all the time, lol

Epiphone existed long before the early '60s and was bought by Gibson.
 

Would you post a picture of another angle/lighting, please? Great color on that.

Here is mine from a different angle as well. ('92 Mexican Stratocaster with EMG single coil ceramic actives and an EMG SPC Tone module for adjustable fatness.)

I just discovered it sounds great with my Aric Tube preamp as a buffer before my headphone amp for playing at night. The body of this particular guitar is very resonant. I usually just play it un-amped because it sounds good.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • my phone 110.jpg
    my phone 110.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 228
Just had a little family reunion here this week - I had bought a bunch of Vantage Avengers in 1985-86, but only ended up keeping two of the 1981 single pickup models. I've recently located two of the ones I'd sold, both within 2.5 hours of me here in VA. Tuesday I went & retrieved a 1982 model, and after a bunch of cleaning & fixing, here's a pic of the emotional gathering - the '82 is in the middle, flanked by my well-loved and well-worn '81s:

je
 

Attachments

  • Swingin Avengers (Large).jpg
    Swingin Avengers (Large).jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 51
One of these days....I'm gonna treat myself.....to one of those sweet-looking, neck through.....MIJ Vantage guitars?


Steve
 
Did I already do this?
So many pages......

Ive owned hundreds since 1971 when I learned and I sold 13 to get a down payment on my house a few years back. Since then Ive pared it down quite a bit to just a few but they are all my keepers.

1936 Regal Premier Slide Guitar and Its brother, 1936 CMI 15w amp.


Home made by me Thinline electric. Mahogany no finish custom contour body, birdseye neck with custom contour headstock, rosewood board, SS frets, custom inlay and p/guard, Fralin Blues Special p/ups, recessed bridgeplate and Fender Deluxe cutaway style recessed neck plate...etc...etc Recently off the Pleck.
With a AC30CC1 modded with Celestion Gold, Mercury Magnetics, Accutronics reverb tank..etc..etc


1983 Fender Japan (MIJ) thinline with VanZandt p/ups. Best neck fender ever put on a guitar.


1964 Martin F-55 w/original, optional trem. Re-finished candy red.


2006 CA performer X. THE best sounding active acoustic Ive ever played. Not so much unplugged.


2006 Martin 00C16DBRE. Excellent sounding little modern Martin.


Wish I had taken pics of all the others Ive owned but never did that until a year or so ago. The favorite Ive ever owned was a 68' Martin D-35S. Best sounding and playing acoustic I ever heard. It was one that went to get the downpayment. Out of the scores of vintage Martins Ive had, It was the best. I'll get another one day.


...
 
Last edited:
Just had a little family reunion here this week - I had bought a bunch of Vantage Avengers in 1985-86, but only ended up keeping two of the 1981 single pickup models. I've recently located two of the ones I'd sold, both within 2.5 hours of me here in VA. Tuesday I went & retrieved a 1982 model, and after a bunch of cleaning & fixing, here's a pic of the emotional gathering - the '82 is in the middle, flanked by my well-loved and well-worn '81s:

je
Vantage- now theres something you dont see much of...looks like quality though...
 
Vantage- now theres something you dont see much of...looks like quality though...

Same factory (for a while) as Westone, Electra, Aria, and...Washburn? Under-rated, in my opinion, which kept them cheap for quite a while.

You see lots of them at my house...I lived near the US distributor's offices, and have seen & owned lots of them. There's at least 6 here now.

je
 
Some better pics of my favorite two electrics, for posterity's sake.

1993 Les Paul Standard and 1991 Paul Reed Smith EG-3:
 

Attachments

  • lp1.jpg
    lp1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 34
  • lp2.jpg
    lp2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 14
  • prs2.jpg
    prs2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 29
  • prs3.jpg
    prs3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom