• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence. Scared yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said for years the way to cure "Natural Stupidity" is to remove all of the warning stickers plastered all over everything with two or more moving parts, and let Darwin take it from there ;)

warnings are CYAs for business. I don't think anybody pays attention or reads them.
 
Have Sophia over for some after-dinner conversation. She/it holds a Saudi citizenship.
This was filmed four long years ago; that's almost a lifetime in burgeoning technology.
Questions to watch for in the video...
"Do you like human beings?"
"Is it true you said once that you would kill all humans?"


'She' didn't answer the question, gave an 'agency' response.
 
ASIDE: Simi, you're back posting @ AK?

Hey Mystic.. yep... been a while... Good to see you! Found a cool song I just had to post, so figured while I was here, dust off a few cobwebs and see what's been new. Also been thinking a while about parting with a few thousand LP's and if I decide to, this is about the only place I'd consider it other than to local people.. so figured I better see how much things have changed or not...
 
Hey Mystic.. yep... been a while... Good to see you! Found a cool song I just had to post, so figured while I was here, dust off a few cobwebs and see what's been new. Also been thinking a while about parting with a few thousand LP's and if I decide to, this is about the only place I'd consider it other than to local people.. so figured I better see how much things have changed or not...

It's good to see (read) ya here, again.
 
Same Mystic... Interesting to see so many still around after all these years.. Still a little into music and sound still, but more into making it now than just listening.. and even then, I'm not good at making it. but a few synths and guitars and I can wake the dead now :)
 
The dumb robots we have already go off script and kill people now. Nearly every time you read a CSB report about a catastrophe involving robots the phrase "it's not supposed to be able to do that" or similar will come up. Like the woman crushed in Michigan or the woman who died in Alabama after being gored through by a robot. In both instances the robots performed actions they weren't supposed to be able to do. Combine that with untrained workers and death happens.

After the horrendously bad press on 2017 where several died by robot magically factory robot deaths stopped being reported. They are much harder to find now and in 2018 stopped being reported as "automated machine deaths" to just "machine deaths". Seems they have enough problems that bad press changed the rules.
 
Call the Comcast Cust Svc line and “talk” to their AI phone tree. We have nothing to fear.
This is an example of why more AI will be good. I wish my desktop could navigate through what I'm trying to do without having 20 steps to get to what I want
 
I've said for years the way to cure "Natural Stupidity" is to remove all of the warning stickers plastered all over everything with two or more moving parts, and let Darwin take it from there ;)

Tide pods alone would have thinned the herd considerably. TikTok fame-grabbers would further lighten the idiot load.

Had a day n night to reflect on it. Nope.

Am I to take that you aren't scared yet about A.I. ?? Well, thanks for giving it significant consideration.

I have to believe it will be used to squeeze us further and further into self-restraining boxes both physical and mental.
 
Be fearful, because the team of Is that are working together to develop the AI are not as I as they think they are.
 
Hello, everyone!!

Been reading quite a bit of late about the latest AI advances, and well, I am concerned.

Having read many of the Scifi authors of renown, I was at least semi-literate on how they thought this would roll out. But the degree of accuracy is rather frightening.

Here's a really troubling video on this topic -


Pay attention. I know the narrator is dry as dust, but stick it out.

I'd hear all comments on this pertinent topic. Many years ago, Elon Musk was asked "When is it too late to stop AI?"

He replied "It's already too late."

So, is Homo Sapien Sapien just a stopgap to the singularity?? Because historically, as things evolve, older life forms (think Mammoth, Saber Tooth Tiger, Giant Sloth) go bye bye.
Considering the lack of biological intelligence in Washington on both sides it scares the bagebes out of me !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom