• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lifes little mystery box

cheon57

budding technician
Here is another in a growing list of odd-ball items that have caught my eye over the last couple months. Anyone recognize it?:smoke:
 

Attachments

  • mystery magic box.jpg
    mystery magic box.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 317
Register to hide this ad
The front panel control arrangement reminds me of a Marantz 7T.
Actually it reminds me of a Mac C-28, too, but I KNOW what a C-28 looks like inside (nothing like the item in question).
 
jimfet said:
Does it have 1080i. ?
The designation 1080i is vaguely familiar :scratch2: but not sure where from. Not associated with this piece that I am aware of.:no:

:scratch2: I will post another image this afternoon but there will be no additional clue revealed today.:smoke:
 
Whatever you do:

DON'T EVER TURN HER RED DIAL PAST 3.

(it's the let's talk about it SOME MORE control)
 
alexkerhead said:
:no:

Everyone knows that is a quantum articulation spectrumized curvature adjustment module..jeezzz
Thank you for clearing that up for me.:D
Meggy said.."Whatever you do:

DON'T EVER TURN HER RED DIAL PAST 3.

(it's the let's talk about it SOME MORE control)"

:scratch2: I always wondered what the red dial was for.:scratch2: This one didn't come with an owners manual or operating instructions.:D

Nope not a Mac C8 either.:smoke:
 
The front panel layout is "similar" to that of phase linear, marantz, carver, and even accuphase preamps, but the rear panel isn't even close to any of those i'm familiar with.

Do we get another clue?
 
Sorry about that, got sidetracked messing with the KLH's. All you get tonight is another image, closer in. I have to shoot a few more pics of it. Only ones I have currently are of it splayed out in all its nekkid glory. I will make sure to get some good ones to work with. :smoke:

It is difficult to give many written clues but here's a small one. Pre 1969.:smoke: :smoke:
 

Attachments

  • new mystery 006 copy.jpg
    new mystery 006 copy.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom