• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

local weed growing discussions

No i mon.

dang!!..... camp pendelton is blowing off some giant high explosive bombs today (just a few miles to our north, by west). We've been hit by a shock wave from three four of them today, so hard that the drapes have been blown in horizontally. Seriously, anything on the walls got shaken to nearly falling off. I've just about been reduced to a crying little girl with the last one; scared the crap out of both of us.
 
Last edited:
No i mon.

dang!!..... camp pendelton is blowing off some giant high explosive bombs today (just a few miles to our north, by west. We've been hit by a shock wave from three four of them today, so hard that the drapes have been blown in horizontally. Seriously, anything on the walls got shaken to nearly falling off. I've just about been reduced to a crying little girl with the last one; scared the crap out of both of us.

Yikes!
 
I had forgotten about the artillery from when we lived in O’side. Not nearly as close as you are though.
I was building a cell tower on Granite Peak smack in the middle of Ft Irwin’s live fire range. The EOD guys were exploding ordinance ever day. The rule was watch for the HMVV with the red light on and don’t go where it was pointing. One day when we checked in with Range Control and they told us to be prepared for a really big boom that day. The Air Force dropped a 2000 pounder that didn’t go off. Holy **** that was a big boom.
 
No i mon.

dang!!..... camp pendelton is blowing off some giant high explosive bombs today (just a few miles to our north, by west. We've been hit by a shock wave from three four of them today, so hard that the drapes have been blown in horizontally. Seriously, anything on the walls got shaken to nearly falling off. I've just about been reduced to a crying little girl with the last one; scared the crap out of both of us.
All we got in Oakland are non-military explosions. Or are they? Def been more indica smoking this last week.
 
My guy asked me if I wanted a bunch of shake. "All people want is bud...this is nearly as good." He set me up with a couple fat ZipLocs...one was Lemon Haze and he couldn't remember what the other was:) Both were good what we used to call "smokin' dope". Cheap to boot. Made some "tincture' w/100 proof vodka...quite nice w/ OJ.
 
It’s been weeks and she’s thriving. So far so good.
View attachment 1890771

I know we share this similarity,... living life with a tape measure on your side. With that in mind, let me show you the bitchenest tape ever,... the self-centering tape measure. It gives you the ideal split half measure on one side of the tape. Quick to take meaures to the materials? life changer.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lufkin-...f-Centering-Tape-Measure-L725SCTMPN/303236201
 
I know we share this similarity,... living life with a tape measure on your side. With that in mind, let me show you the bitchenest tape ever,... the self-centering tape measure. It gives you the ideal split half measure on one side of the tape. Quick to take meaures to the materials? life changer.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lufkin-...f-Centering-Tape-Measure-L725SCTMPN/303236201
Boomers and their tape measures. You know old timers, there're now apps for that. :)

When I do have to reach for such an archaic manual device it's only Extreme Fattest Max 100' Ultra 48v w/BT & Airplay for me. Depending on job site, I've got the add-on covers in Festool green, Dewalt yellow and Makita blue.
 
I know we share this similarity,... living life with a tape measure on your side. With that in mind, let me show you the bitchenest tape ever,... the self-centering tape measure. It gives you the ideal split half measure on one side of the tape. Quick to take meaures to the materials? life changer.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lufkin-...f-Centering-Tape-Measure-L725SCTMPN/303236201
True enough Mike, I use them a lot, but I should wear it more often to cut down on hunting for it so often. I had one of those centering tapes for a while until it had an untimely demise at the teeth of a carbide TS blade. I get a lot of use out of this centering rule on the bench.
image.jpg image.jpg
 
Anybody make cannabutter? Got a recipe?
I know someone I can ask, although I haven't communicated with her in several months. She used to make it in the crock pot but the last few times, she said she made it sous vide, so it didn't stink up the apartment complex they were living in, and it allowed good temperature control.
 
Missed the light switch walking into the room and decided to just pack the bong by this LED flashlight that I keep sitting there. Pull out a bud and MOLD! Pull over the container and shine the light inside, oh so much mold. Check a few other containers and most look terrible.
For those who don't know, curing is the process of drying the bud as slowly as possible while avoiding mold growth. This gives times for sugars and carbs to break down in the plant. I can grow but my curing leaves some to be desired. Usually I end up with dry kind of harsh poorly cured weed since I prefer to err on the side of better dry than moldy.
I go over and turn on the ceiling light and go back to check the rest...
No mold. Anywhere. Not even the ones I thought were before.
Not sure if the trichs are catching the that light frequency particularly well or are phosphorescing...
Screenshot from 2020-06-08 20-12-59.png
 
Missed the light switch walking into the room and decided to just pack the bong by this LED flashlight that I keep sitting there. Pull out a bud and MOLD! Pull over the container and shine the light inside, oh so much mold. Check a few other containers and most look terrible.
For those who don't know, curing is the process of drying the bud as slowly as possible while avoiding mold growth. This gives times for sugars and carbs to break down in the plant. I can grow but my curing leaves some to be desired. Usually I end up with dry kind of harsh poorly cured weed since I prefer to err on the side of better dry than moldy.
I go over and turn on the ceiling light and go back to check the rest...
No mold. Anywhere. Not even the ones I thought were before.
Not sure if the trichs are catching the that light frequency particularly well or are phosphorescing...
View attachment 1893108

Oh man, I was heartbroken when I was first reading this. I'm so glad that it was a trick of the light! :banana:
 
I know someone I can ask, although I haven't communicated with her in several months. She used to make it in the crock pot but the last few times, she said she made it sous vide, so it didn't stink up the apartment complex they were living in, and it allowed good temperature control.

Thanks but I think I've got it. I appreciate the offer though.
 
X2 on that feeling. @teal'c Do you finish off cuing in glass?
Nope. 4 lb plastic Kroger peanut butter jars. Nice wide mouth is my first storage criteria. Free was the second. Glass or plastic I didn't notice any difference except the one time i used a salsa jar. The seal ring in the lid held enough spice even after washing to make that some very interesting smoke.
Enjoying this guy's youtube channel. Beautiful small home farm in Maine.
:rflmao:Thought that was one heck of a first time garden until I read your text.

Oh man, I was heartbroken when I was first reading this. I'm so glad that it was a trick of the light! :banana:
You and me both. It was a really cool effect once the panic faded. Wouldn't have freaked out if it had been little sparkling rainbows.
 
Back
Top Bottom