• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

local weed growing discussions

Looks like Chocolate Thai was a contributor to both Chocolate Haze and Chocolate Trip, which is one of my favorite strains. Some of the best flavors ever have come out of my home breeds with it. Funny thing is the other strain, Cannalope, has Original Haze crossed in. My other favorite. I'm actually doing a first run of the cross I made out of the two. I have some pollen from my last full male Chocolate Trip in the fridge I'm going to do a broad spread over all the females to try and get some 3/4 Chocolate Trip plants because all I have left after the great spider mite infestation is 50%. Hoping the pollen is still viable.

Are you running all feminized strains? Your two strains would give you some very nice seeds. There are ways to get just a few seeds as opposed to fully seeding the whole plant.

Yep, all feminized. I've only been growing for the last three years or so since I became disabled after 40 years in the trades. Knees, back, hips and shoulders are pretty well trashed so gardening on my patio has become a much treasured pastime. I'm also growing some Jack Herer, a Colombian Gold and a White Widow. Everything's in plastic containers at present but I'm wanting to re-pot to fabric bags for the flowering phase.

BTW Nice cola a few pages back.
 
Knees, back, hips and shoulders are pretty well trashed so gardening on my patio has become a much treasured pastime.
Amen to that. At 44 I cannot do construction work full time anymore and I've got nowhere near 40 years.

Respect to those who have put in years of hard work. May there be holistically legal options available so everybody can manage pain and feel better.
 
Amen to that. At 44 I cannot do construction work full time anymore and I've got nowhere near 40 years.

Respect to those who have put in years of hard work. May there be holistically legal options available so everybody can manage pain and feel better.
I installed tile for 35+ years and it took it's toll on my knees, back, and wrists. When I started growing I always used to throw away the shake because I thought it was good for nothing. Last year the wife and I started making oil out of it, not for smoking, but as a rub. My God I wish I would have found out about this years ago, I coulda saved myself a lot of pain. A simple mix of dried leaf, bud if you want, a slow cooker, and some olive oil, and presto you have a product that melts away aches and pains and it's not a drug from Big Pharma.
 
Amen to that. At 44 I cannot do construction work full time anymore and I've got nowhere near 40 years.

Respect to those who have put in years of hard work. May there be holistically legal options available so everybody can manage pain and feel better.

Amen to that brother.
 
When I started growing I always used to throw away the shake because I thought it was good for nothing. Last year the wife and I started making oil out of it, not for smoking, but as a rub.
My neighbor and I were talking about that today. She had a decent harvest last year and made oils/salves out of the extra bits. Seemed to like it.

I suggested this year to try cold water extracted hash. Seems easy if you have the nifty bucket filter cloth that Jorge Cervantes was using on his YT channel.
 
Been having a good time in the garden. Got all my 4” plants re-potted in 1-5gals that I’ve been collecting. Whatever was left got put into veggie box or got guerilla planted throughout the yard. The scraggly looking plant is one I have high hopes for. Leaves look like it’s at flower stage. Who knows, could turn out to be special. As with all the plants sex TBD so...

Also built a veggie box in front since I’ve taken up space in back.

DC5A6FBB-F931-4FC1-AE86-78F29BE86FA0.jpeg 3B0DFBC4-325D-49D2-9338-024D9A87814F.jpeg 7BB3FC6C-7807-4029-818C-A0966B3602D6.jpeg 2493F481-C931-473D-A9BF-073985FFFF8B.jpeg
 
I installed tile for 35+ years and it took it's toll on my knees, back, and wrists. When I started growing I always used to throw away the shake because I thought it was good for nothing. Last year the wife and I started making oil out of it, not for smoking, but as a rub. My God I wish I would have found out about this years ago, I coulda saved myself a lot of pain. A simple mix of dried leaf, bud if you want, a slow cooker, and some olive oil, and presto you have a product that melts away aches and pains and it's not a drug from Big Pharma.
I’m making a second attempt a growing a plant. Thanks to my buddy I have an Alaska Purple plant. I like that idea for the shakes. The Papa & Barkley’s 1:3 Relief Balm I use is expensive.
 
"Hey Andy, your oddly trained Indica is getting too much nitrogen. Also why are you storing garden tools right next to it? What, your wife is the gardener? Gosh Andy tell her to make more of those terrific walnut brownies with the secret ingredient!"

-END SCENE

upload_2020-6-1_8-1-28.jpeg
 
You mean all of these years, I've been wrong in thinking that Andy was burning a fat spliff while sitting on his front porch, just pickin and grinnin', on a warm sunday evening?
 
You mean all of these years, I've been wrong in thinking that Andy was burning a fat spliff while sitting on his front porch, just pickin and grinnin', on a warm sunday evening?
Maybe not. He doesn't seem too happy with Barney harassing the poor farmer. 'Sides, you don't plant it where people can see it or it tends to disappear before harvest.
Amazing all the celeb smokers out there though.
 
What’s ya think? This topped plant developed growth I’ve not seen before. Thought it was going to show bracts but this looks like a male cluster.

9BACEBE7-56BB-4AB9-B46D-48EBA5E87391.jpeg E53D6F88-6B8B-4DA7-9879-FD59FF738B2B.jpeg
 
Too early still.
Looking more male but I'm a week out from composting. So far only one definite male and quite a few females. In my raised bed some are growing about a foot per week , soon could be above 7' fence. Most have or will be LST'd.
 
Anybody make cannabutter? Got a recipe? I have a couple ounces of shake that I'd like to utilize. Checked out High Times and they had a couple. Seems pretty straightforward. Bake the weed for an hour at 240 Fahrenheit, spray it with an ounce of Everclear and slowly simmer in clarified butter. https://hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-method-1/

Dry weed till it crumbles to dust. That may be why they're baking it I suppose. I just let it sit out.
Add to simmering butter.
Squeeze out all the butter you can. I tried multiple ways, all were messy, hot, and not fun.
Let strained water/butter cool, then refrigerate, then lift congealed butter of the top.
Know that you are still leaving a lot of THC behind.
Easier and more potent to just add it to a pan of brownies. Maybe some people enjoy the taste of eaten cannabis, but I'm not one. They're going to taste horrible anyway, might as well fix it so you eat as little as possible. First pan of brownies I made just crumbling up the shake instead of buttering it first, I had to call up my friend and let him know he had to cut the dose in half from what I told him. That was not a fun buzz.
No matter which way you go, always be careful with the edibles.
Trim vapes well.
 
The heating is a step called decarboxylation, and is a means of activating the THC prior to putting it in the butter.
I'm not familiar with the EverClear step; but its a "food grade" alcohol that will evaporate rapidly, so,...

> Decarboxylate
> Butter in water, along with the goods, into a crock pot.
> Let stew for as long as the day, if you'd like. The water prevents the butter from burning.
> Strain the content via a Potato ricer, to press out the water and butter from the sticks and stems, strained through cheesecloth, into glass baking dishes, and put in the freezer/fridge until the butter hardens, but, the water does not freeze. This still down time, while it chills, allows the fine grit to fall out into the water, and separates itself from the butter.
> When it has separated, floated, and hardened, you can cut the butter with a knife, when it hardens, you pour the water out.
> Cut the butter back into quarter pound quantities, and follow your favorite baking directions.
 
Last edited:
The heating is a step called decarboxylation, and is a means of activating the THC prior to putting it in the butter.
I'm not familiar with the EverClear step; but its a "food grade" alcohol that will evaporate rapidly, so,...

> Decarboxylate
> Butter in water, along with the goods, into a crock pot.
> Let stew for as long as the day, if you'd like. The water prevents the butter from burning.
> Strain the content via a Potato ricer, to press out the water and butter from the sticks and stems, strained through cheesecloth, into glass baking dishes, and put in the freezer/fridge until the butter hardens, but, the water does not freeze. This still down time, while it chills, allows the fine grit to fall out into the water, and separates itself from the butter.
> When it has separated, floated, and hardened, you can cut the butter with a knife, when it hardens, and pour the water out.
> Cut the butter back into quarter pound quantities, and follow your favorite baking directions.

Thanks Mike. I was hoping you'd chime in. I was following some hoary old legends about Northern Lights on the Seedsman blog and they mentioned an original mother out of Poway. (grin) No affiliation, right?
 
Back
Top Bottom