• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

local weed growing discussions

My wife went to Michigan recently and stopped at a dispensary on the way home. Prices were less than half of Illinois prices.

The difference will be less in a few weeks when Michigan adds a new 24% tax.
Yeah, it'll be less. Taxes on weed are already fairly high, so it won't hurt me that much. I go every five or six weeks to pick up my gummies, and I usually pick up an eighth when I go as well.

Once everyone goes to bed (my wife goes to bed between 2000 and 2100), and that's when I gobble some gummies, and then step outside to smoke a bowl to cover the gap before the gummies kick in.
 
just finished the chop. this is unwanted waste. yes there is some nice stuff left. i dont need it.
1766701460678.jpeg

these are my favs.

1766701589135.jpeg

the rest

1766701646808.jpeg

really done

1766701713184.jpeg

the root ball. it has swallowed all the hoses, pump and air stones. i'll cut that up in the morning.

1766701768683.jpeg

hung out to dry

1766701828136.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Colorado is half the price of Illinois. Alabama should have medical early 2026
CT prices are high, but just over the border in Massachusetts it's much more competitive.
There's a place in Dudley that does a tax-free every Tuesday. Usually walk out with product a dollar or 2 lower than the original selling price.
You gotta shop around.
 
Just when I got growing aced hash oil became incredibly cheap.
Weed and vapes have come down so far in price here that growing isn't worth it unless it's something phenomenal.

Each one of these 2 gram vapes is $26 out the door and mighty strong. Almost as strong as our best weed.
The rechargeable vape devices have adjustable heat settings that really tailor your hit from flavor to strength.

dime-vapes.jpg
 
Sprouting some favorites - Blue Dream, Chocolate Haze and Colombian Gold.

I narrowed our choice of 40 down to 4 clones this year.
BTW, we're still smoking the '24 crop and haven't tapped this year's.

GG#4 because I failed the 1st time and it gets good reviews.
Modified Bananas, Animal Tsunami and Skunk Piss.
They all sound interesting and most importantly they will be females.

Good luck with your grow and I'm happy your seeds germinated. ;)
 
I grew a couple pretty nice plants in college back in the early 90's. It was a fun hobby for a while. Now with dispensary prices, it's not even worth the effort to grow. I usually leave the shop with more free giveaways than product I purchased. Sometimes you can get flower for $2-3 a gram, and concentrate is usually about $10 a gram. And this is top quality stuff, not the brick schwag that was so common around here before legalization. If I were to grow again, it would just be a couple plants outside for accent bushes.
 
Now with dispensary prices, it's not even worth the effort to grow.

This is so true here. The oils are dirt cheap and are now more pure.
Bonanza makes a dirt cheap 4gram disposable for $28 out the door. Bloom is another good product line.
Dime Industries puts out a wide variety of great tasting juice with no foreign additives.

I can't find weed as good as I grow in the shops so we're still gonna grow just to keep things interesting.

Legalization has given me the opportunity to only keep the best parts of the plants.
This front plant was harvested this year and what you see is the **** part I gave away. :biggrin:

1st-lhp-cut.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom