• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mach 1 4029 foam surrounds

sendust

Music feeds the soul
Subscriber
Hi does anyone know where i can get Mach one 4029 foam surrounds, most of the ones on ebay say they work on all mach 1s is this correct. thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi does anyone know where i can get Mach one 4029 foam surrounds, most of the ones on ebay say they work on all mach 1s is this correct. thanks
RS used the same casting (I've placed One's, Two's and 4029's together). No problems. Other's may chime in with preferences but honestly I'm not convinced there are more than one or two manufacturers of these things. I ordered my first set online, then from a distributor (sells wholesale only) and found no difference between them. Most of the retailers online get their surrounds from one supplier, which I'm not sure I should say. I know because I'm on the same distribution list as hundreds of these sellers.

As for doing the work, take your time, watch as many Youtube video's on the subject as you can stand. Learn from their mistakes, then dive in. Only pain in the necks I've had were all JBL speakers, very tight tolerances.
 
I bought some for my father in-law's from www.meniscusaudio.com. they're local to me, IIRC it was about $20 for a pair of surrounds. while you're at it, pick up new caps and a new inductor for the videolady crossover mods. the mods call for a 14uf and 4uf cap, VL told me through a PM that a 15uf and 3.9uf would be fine for the mod.
 
I bought some for my father in-law's from www.meniscusaudio.com. they're local to me, IIRC it was about $20 for a pair of surrounds. while you're at it, pick up new caps and a new inductor for the videolady crossover mods. the mods call for a 14uf and 4uf cap, VL told me through a PM that a 15uf and 3.9uf would be fine for the mod.

ive already done all the VL mods on these units, i had previously done them on a pair of 4024a and a pair of 4024a, just worried about the foam on the 4029 because they are not rubber.
 
Back
Top Bottom